The Board, Executive and other key personnel arrived on Friday, and we
have worked long hours through till Sunday afternoon. This took place
in a collegial, problem solving atmosphere with open and frank
discussions by all participants
* Our members valuable input was reviewed and discussed in
detail, and incorporated into the work done on the draft RAC Vision
which will be printed in TCA and a RAC notice in the near future.
* The topic of tiered memberships was discussed and has been
forwarded to the Admin and Finance committee for additional financial
analysis. This also includes options for a youth and/or student
* A 2011 budget is being prepared, and is being reviewed by the
Admin and Finance committee at this time.
* The outgoing QSL bureau was discussed, and future funding and
operating options were discussed.
* A recognition program for our volunteers, who are the backbone
of our organization, is being implemented.
* We are moving forward on an improved communications strategy
that will push information and news to our members, through a variety
of mediums, which would include Ham nets, local club communications,
face-to-face meetings, presentations, newsletters, The Canadian
Amateur magazine, the web site, bulletins and social media channels.
* In addition, we are actively looking at improving the feedback
mechanisms from our membership.
* RAC is the single, national voice for the interests of all
Amateur Radio operators in Canada. The Board and Executive believe
that an active and growing membership in RAC is the key to effective
and strong representation of Amateur Radio in Canada, and with your
support, this can be accomplished.
Geoff Bawden, VE4BAW - President, Radio Amateurs of Canada
* * * *
Vernon Erle Ikeda - VE2MBS/VE2QQ
Dollard des Ormeaux, Quebec
RAC E-News/Web News Bulletin Editor
You are receiving this bulletin because you are subscribed to an electronic mailing list.
For more information or to change your subscription please visit: