ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by JASPERrr » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi, my name is Amy and as I sure you know Derek has started a small war because
I have been busy with my JOB and don't have all day to respond to his email
threats.

IF I have ever sold you anything broken or not as stated or stiffed you for
$$$, PLEASE REPLY AND TELL ALL WHO READ THIS, for I am being tagged as a
SCAMMER and I really do not appreciate it at all.

I will not bother the large amount of readers with teh whole story but since
they already know your third, I traded him some radios for some of my radios.
Now it turns out that there is a problem with the transmitter or the PA .
 I told him that I personally tested them and they worked about a mile apart so
from that I see myself as absolved from any wrongdoing on my part.
AM I wrong>??????
I am sorry that he feels the need to post such things as he has started to do
and since he has made indirect threats, I will work something out with him but
NOT wothout my ten cents first.

Amy
Thanks for reading this and for replying to it.

Quote:>:)

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by &RETIRED » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00



> Hi, my name is Amy and as I sure you know Derek has started a small war because
> I have been busy with my JOB and don't have all day to respond to his email
> threats.

> IF I have ever sold you anything broken or not as stated or stiffed you for
> $$$, PLEASE REPLY AND TELL ALL WHO READ THIS, for I am being tagged as a
> SCAMMER and I really do not appreciate it at all.

> I will not bother the large amount of readers with teh whole story but since
> they already know your third, I traded him some radios for some of my radios.
> Now it turns out that there is a problem with the transmitter or the PA .
>  I told him that I personally tested them and they worked about a mile apart so
> from that I see myself as absolved from any wrongdoing on my part.
> AM I wrong>??????

Well, it depends a LOT on EXACTLY what you said.  Generally, a buyer
expects items to be in 100% working order unless the defect is PRECISELY
disclosed before purchase and the price adjusted accordingly. Your
failure to adequately test it does NOT relieve you from the obligation
of supplying working equipment.

I am extremely suspicious (read pay less) when the buyer tells me
anything similar to the following:
1)It worked last time I used it
2)It belonged to a friend and works great
3)I don't know of any problems with it
4)I've got no way to test it
5)It works now, but I can't guarantee that UPS won't break it.

Keep asking questions until you get the following:

I guarantee it will be in 100% working condition and meet all
specifications
in all modes WHEN YOU GET IT, or I will refund your money.
If you can't get 'em to say that, assume it's broke and pay accordingly.
Any lesser weasel-wording is license to steal.

If they're gonna rip me off, at least I make 'em outright lie to me
about it.

Bottom line: Unless you're capable of fixing your own equipment, know
how to substitute
or make parts you can't get (or are too expensive), have the test
equipment to recalibrate it,
and pay, on average, WAY less than the going rate (for average condition
working stuff),
you should stick to buying new equipment
or used from people you know very well.  Usenet, swapmeets, any venues
that do not allow
you to FULLY evaluate the equipment on the spot (and get your hands
around the neck of the
seller at a later date) are invitations to getting ripped off.

miker

snip
--
Big list of WANTS and FORSALES at link below.
Return Address is Bogus. Click below to reply
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/
Or you can DELETE the & in the "from" address.

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by Spencer Bahne » Fri, 14 May 1999 04:00:00

Amy, Derek Kelly is a straight shooter. He runs the trunked radio systems at
the three major airports in the Washington DC/Baltimore area. I also think
you are on the up and up. Sounds like he should send you the bad radios and
you should send him the money. Then everyone is happy.

Just my two cents..
\
sb


Quote:>Hi, my name is Amy and as I sure you know Derek has started a small war
because
>I have been busy with my JOB and don't have all day to respond to his email
>threats.

>IF I have ever sold you anything broken or not as stated or stiffed you for
>$$$, PLEASE REPLY AND TELL ALL WHO READ THIS, for I am being tagged as a
>SCAMMER and I really do not appreciate it at all.

>I will not bother the large amount of readers with teh whole story but
since
>they already know your third, I traded him some radios for some of my
radios.
>Now it turns out that there is a problem with the transmitter or the PA .
> I told him that I personally tested them and they worked about a mile
apart so
>from that I see myself as absolved from any wrongdoing on my part.
>AM I wrong>??????
>I am sorry that he feels the need to post such things as he has started to
do
>and since he has made indirect threats, I will work something out with him
but
>NOT wothout my ten cents first.

>Amy
>Thanks for reading this and for replying to it.
>>:)

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by JR » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

Amy,

I have dealt with Derek on many occasions, and never had any problems
with him.  He has always been more than reasonable with our dealings.
Hope you and Derek can iron out the problem.

John


Quote:>Hi, my name is Amy and as I sure you know Derek has started a small war because
>I have been busy with my JOB and don't have all day to respond to his email
>threats.

>IF I have ever sold you anything broken or not as stated or stiffed you for
>$$$, PLEASE REPLY AND TELL ALL WHO READ THIS, for I am being tagged as a
>SCAMMER and I really do not appreciate it at all.

>I will not bother the large amount of readers with teh whole story but since
>they already know your third, I traded him some radios for some of my radios.
>Now it turns out that there is a problem with the transmitter or the PA .
> I told him that I personally tested them and they worked about a mile apart so
>from that I see myself as absolved from any wrongdoing on my part.
>AM I wrong>??????
>I am sorry that he feels the need to post such things as he has started to do
>and since he has made indirect threats, I will work something out with him but
>NOT wothout my ten cents first.

>Amy
>Thanks for reading this and for replying to it.
>>:)


 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by RadioW » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

This coming for the same person that took that time to slam Texas 2 - Way...
Hey AMY this business is tough, It takes alot of time and energy. It's hard to
please eveyone all the time.

Jason

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by tcrp » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00

So, what you are saying is that when you buy a used piece of equipment, you
want it guaranteed to original specs, tested extensively with whatever
expensive equipment my be needed, and guaranteed for longer than even the
original manufacturer?

PLUS

You want to buy it for ten cents on the dollar?

Am I reading this right?

Boy, I'll bet you are a real pleasure to have for a customer!

TR

Quote:>Well, it depends a LOT on EXACTLY what you said.  Generally, a buyer
>expects items to be in 100% working order unless the defect is PRECISELY
>disclosed before purchase and the price adjusted accordingly. Your
>failure to adequately test it does NOT relieve you from the obligation
>of supplying working equipment.

>I am extremely suspicious (read pay less) when the buyer tells me
>anything similar to the following:
>1)It worked last time I used it
>2)It belonged to a friend and works great
>3)I don't know of any problems with it
>4)I've got no way to test it
>5)It works now, but I can't guarantee that UPS won't break it.

>Keep asking questions until you get the following:

>I guarantee it will be in 100% working condition and meet all
>specifications
>in all modes WHEN YOU GET IT, or I will refund your money.
>If you can't get 'em to say that, assume it's broke and pay accordingly.
>Any lesser weasel-wording is license to steal.

>If they're gonna rip me off, at least I make 'em outright lie to me
>about it.

>Bottom line: Unless you're capable of fixing your own equipment, know
>how to substitute
>or make parts you can't get (or are too expensive), have the test
>equipment to recalibrate it,
>and pay, on average, WAY less than the going rate (for average condition
>working stuff),
>you should stick to buying new equipment
>or used from people you know very well.  Usenet, swapmeets, any venues
>that do not allow
>you to FULLY evaluate the equipment on the spot (and get your hands
>around the neck of the
>seller at a later date) are invitations to getting ripped off.

>miker

>snip
>--
>Big list of WANTS and FORSALES at link below.
>Return Address is Bogus. Click below to reply
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Monitor/4710/
>Or you can DELETE the & in the "from" address.

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by &RETIRED » Sat, 15 May 1999 04:00:00


> So, what you are saying is that when you buy a used piece of equipment, you
> want it guaranteed to original specs, tested extensively with whatever
> expensive equipment my be needed, and guaranteed for longer than even the
> original manufacturer?

If you say it works, I expect it to work...period!  I expect you to
disclose any and all deviations from perfection.  Your inability
or unwillingness to test it is not MY problem.

Quote:

> PLUS

> You want to buy it for ten cents on the dollar?

> Am I reading this right?

Not exactly.  Ten cents on the dollar is usually too much for used gear
on the internet.  That is more reasonable at swap meets where you can
at least see the equipment.
I WANT the above.  The reason I pay low is that I rarely GET the above.
That's because people lie (commission, omission, lies just the same)
about what they have.  That's also why they will accept a low offer.
They often know it's busted; I called them on it.  Now that they
know that I know that they know it's busted, their conscience comes
into play.  If they hold out for a "full price" offer from someone
else, they have to
admit to themselves and to me that they are a LIAR.

Averaged over a lot of stuff, I expect that the average resale value
of stuff I buy to be the same as the average price I pay.  It's almost
always busted!  I can't remember EVER buying anything used that didn't
have something wrong with it.  That's why the seller will accept a low
price.  After I've fixed it, it may well be worth what they were asking.
If the stuff I buy from you happens to be in better shape, it makes
up for the ***I paid the last guy too much for.  If you don't like
my offer, you won't accept it.  That's ok for us both.  No need to get
upset.  It's just a failed negotiation.  No big deal.

Quote:

> Boy, I'll bet you are a real pleasure to have for a customer!

Yes I am.  All I ask is that you say what you do and do what you say.
And I'll definitely try to make you say it.
I only want it guaranteed to work when I get it...not DOA.
I fix a LOT of stuff without complaint.  I don't remember ever
***ing at the seller about stuff I was too stupid to pass up.
I just get better at asking questions and buy less stuff
from certain people.

So, let's put the shoe on the other foot.  Say I sold you
a 100W transceiver and the output was only 1 watt.  Maybe we even
had a QSO using the radio.
I didn't mention the dead finals because you didn't ask
if the power was actually
measured at 100W.  So, I'm in the clear.  I never promised you 100W.
Whether I KNEW that the finals were dead is immaterial.
Would you be disappointed?  What would you expect me to do?

How about a disk drive?  Works just fine.  Sounds like a lawnmower.
Would you be disappointed if I forgot to tell you about the noise?
You didn't ask...not my problem...right?

Bottom line, sounds like someone may have been cheated.
If you can live with that, I'll try to remember not to buy from you.
miker

> TR


> >Well, it depends a LOT on EXACTLY what you said.  Generally, a buyer
> >expects items to be in 100% working order unless the defect is PRECISELY
> >disclosed before purchase and the price adjusted accordingly. Your
> >failure to adequately test it does NOT relieve you from the obligation
> >of supplying working equipment.

> >I am extremely suspicious (read pay less) when the buyer tells me
> >anything similar to the following:
> >1)It worked last time I used it
> >2)It belonged to a friend and works great
> >3)I don't know of any problems with it
> >4)I've got no way to test it
> >5)It works now, but I can't guarantee that UPS won't break it.

> >Keep asking questions until you get the following:

> >I guarantee it will be in 100% working condition and meet all
> >specifications
> >in all modes WHEN YOU GET IT, or I will refund your money.
> >If you can't get 'em to say that, assume it's broke and pay accordingly.
> >Any lesser weasel-wording is license to steal.

> >If they're gonna rip me off, at least I make 'em outright lie to me
> >about it.

> >Bottom line: Unless you're capable of fixing your own equipment, know
> >how to substitute
> >or make parts you can't get (or are too expensive), have the test
> >equipment to recalibrate it,
> >and pay, on average, WAY less than the going rate (for average condition
> >working stuff),
> >you should stick to buying new equipment
> >or used from people you know very well.  Usenet, swapmeets, any venues
> >that do not allow
> >you to FULLY evaluate the equipment on the spot (and get your hands
> >around the neck of the
> >seller at a later date) are invitations to getting ripped off.

> >miker

> >snip
> >--
> >Big list of WANTS and FORSALES at link below.
> >Return Address is Bogus. Click below to reply
> >http://www.redwaveradio.com/
> >Or you can DELETE the & in the "from" address.

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by sourceb.. » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

Jason(Texas 2 Way),
You know you owe me $50 for the past 4 months now and yet you ignore my
e-mails. What is the problem here?



Quote:> This coming for the same person that took that time to slam Texas 2 -
Way...
> Hey AMY this business is tough, It takes alot of time and energy. It's
hard to
> please eveyone all the time.

> Jason

--== Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ ==--
---Share what you know. Learn what you don't.---
 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by Scott 2 » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

I have had several dealings with Amy, all good,in fact one of my checks arrived
late do to the holidays, and she had the chance to sell the equipment to
another buyer ata higher price and she waited on my check tto arrive, I hope
you can work things out also,

Scott

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by CODE 6 » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00

So...you buy something for rock-bottom figuring it wont work and your reason
for getting it for rock bottom is because last guy screwed you and when  you
finally get a deal on something worth it you figure your due?

Hell, with this reasoning...ill sell you an vhf P50+ with dual rate charger for
$50.00, and believe it or not, I had tech. chk. it out and told me its in fine
working order.

you want, let me know.

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by &RETIRED » Sun, 16 May 1999 04:00:00


> So...you buy something for rock-bottom figuring it wont work

The above is correct.  

The next part below misses my point.  If I get something that works,
it's just my lucky day.  Ain't happened yet...not even on stuff I paid
top dollar for.

Quote:>and your reason
> for getting it for rock bottom is because last guy screwed you and when  you
> finally get a deal on something worth it you figure your due?

> Hell, with this reasoning...ill sell you an vhf P50+ with dual rate charger for
> $50.00, and believe it or not, I had tech. chk. it out and told me its in fine
> working order.

> you want, let me know.

You still don't get it.  What someone else told you doesn't matter.
The only thing that matters is whether it works when I test it.
I can get an indication of what to expect by what YOU tell me.
Hearsay is inadmissible.  Any sentence including the phrase
"believe it or not" shall be considered suspicious.

Secondly, If you don't like the offer,
don't accept it.  Nobody is twisting your arm...

 
 
 

ANYONE HAD BAD DEALINGS WITH ME(AMY)???reply please

Post by CODE 6 » Tue, 18 May 1999 04:00:00

Hmmmm...guess you dont want it? I guess if it was shipped and you found out it
was in perfect condition...It would just confuse you,wouldnt it?  I take it
from your post that you've never recieved anything that works?????  Sounds like
you need to ask even more questions, cause after all those and you still buy
them broke...every single time??  You might want to start buying from people
you know have stuff that will be guranteed.

Good luck on future buys....
  Really, no sarcasm here.