Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Post by Darrell A. Laro » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00



> I am going into spot news photography and would like to know the
> code.(not 1800-ATT)

The 10 Codes are not standardized. Here in Ottawa Canada we have about
6 or 8 10 codes in use within our region. All of them are different.
For example 10-36 in Ottawa is a time check, but in the neighbouring
City of Nepean, Ont (which borders on Ottawa) 10-36 is a stolen bicycle.
And with the R.C.M.P (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) it is Crullers
are half price at Tommy's Donuts (Grin). So you'll have to get the
copy of Police Call for your area, or check with the local news agencies.

10-4


        I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather...
        ...Not screaming in terror like his passengers...
--

 
 
 

Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Post by RbJhn » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00



Quote:(Jimmy) writes:

>I am going into spot news photography and would like to know the
>code.(not 1800-ATT)

There are so many different codes that it would be almost impossible for
me to give you a list from my area that would apply to your area. Each
agency adapts the codes to best serve their needs.  

Example (you used 10-42):
(CA agencies)
Imperial County Regional                      10-42   (this code is not
listed)
Los Angeles & Orange County              10-42   Pickup Officer
Riverside County                                  10-42   Transport Item /
Pick up ____.
San Diego County                                10-42   Ending tour of
duty.
Expanded APCO codes                        10-42   End shift.
Air police (Air Force)                             10-42   Warning issued.
Standard CA codes                              10-42   (this code is not
listed).
Alemeda County                                   10-42   Check on Welfare.
San Mateo                                           10-42   Request
ambulance.
Ventura County                                    10-42   At residence.

(Some of these may not be used exactly as I found them listed).

I think you can see what I mean.  The best way to find the appropriate
codes for your region is to find a local frequency/code guide at a Ham/CB
shop.  In most cases, the more localized the freq guide, the better the
chance of getting the local codes.  

Hopefully this helps!

Robert

 
 
 

Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Post by Jimm » Wed, 26 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I am going into spot news photography and would like to know the
code.(not 1800-ATT)

--
______________________________________________________________________
"With considerable soul searching, that to the utmost of my ability, I
 have let truth be the prejudice."  - W. Eugene Smith

 
 
 

Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Post by GZiolkow » Fri, 28 Jul 1995 04:00:00


writes:

Quote:>Each
>agency adapts the codes to best serve their needs.  

Figure this one out-  Milwaukee County SO uses 10-4 as "acknowledge"
(Pretty common, hey?).  They also use "10-3", which means "yes".  

Strange but true.

 
 
 

Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Post by RbJhn » Sat, 29 Jul 1995 04:00:00


Quote:(GZiolkowsk) writes:
>>Each
>>agency adapts the codes to best serve their needs.  

>Figure this one out-  Milwaukee County SO uses 10-4 as "acknowledge"
>(Pretty common, hey?).  They also use "10-3", which means "yes".  

>Strange but true.

No one ever said that there was any logic involved!

Also strange but true!

 
 
 

Anyone know Police Codes(i.e. 10-42 etc..)

Post by Mike Ekho » Fri, 04 Aug 1995 04:00:00


Quote:: (GZiolkowsk) writes:

: >>Each
: >>agency adapts the codes to best serve their needs.  
: >
: >Figure this one out-  Milwaukee County SO uses 10-4 as "acknowledge"
: >(Pretty common, hey?).  They also use "10-3", which means "yes".  
: >
: >Strange but true.
: >
: >

: No one ever said that there was any logic involved!

: Also strange but true!
hold on, I got to do a 10-100 :-) know what that means
--

|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

|         300, born there 1200, grew up there 28,000, living there      |
|                                                                       |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~