MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

Post by MGrant06 » Fri, 29 Aug 2003 05:13:41

Currently it looks like Uniden has the market. Does anyone know about
othercompanies making digital scanners in the future. $700.00 is Too much for
me for the
scanner and the card.
Please email
 
 
 

MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

Post by Bill Crocke » Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:49:15


Radio Shack is supposed to release a new digital scanner, manufactured by
GRE, in the very near future.  Possibly October.

Bill Crocker


Quote:> Currently it looks like Uniden has the market. Does anyone know about
> othercompanies making digital scanners in the future. $700.00 is Too much
for
> me for the
> scanner and the card.
> Please email

 
 
 

MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

Post by Spee » Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:11:12

Bill, will this GRE scanner be able to pick up Cleveland Ohio's police with
Motorola digital trunking?

Steve


> Radio Shack is supposed to release a new digital scanner, manufactured by
> GRE, in the very near future.  Possibly October.

> Bill Crocker



> > Currently it looks like Uniden has the market. Does anyone know about
> > othercompanies making digital scanners in the future. $700.00 is Too
much
> for
> > me for the
> > scanner and the card.
> > Please email

 
 
 

MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

Post by Bill Crocke » Fri, 29 Aug 2003 13:06:04

Check out this great site for additional info:

http://www.strongsignals.net/access/news/news.cgi?type=single§ion...

Bill Crocker


> Bill, will this GRE scanner be able to pick up Cleveland Ohio's police
with
> Motorola digital trunking?

> Steve



> > Radio Shack is supposed to release a new digital scanner, manufactured
by
> > GRE, in the very near future.  Possibly October.

> > Bill Crocker



> > > Currently it looks like Uniden has the market. Does anyone know about
> > > othercompanies making digital scanners in the future. $700.00 is Too
> much
> > for
> > > me for the
> > > scanner and the card.
> > > Please email

 
 
 

MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

Post by That Other Georg » Mon, 01 Sep 2003 05:47:01

Wait 1 1/2 2 years and that scanner will be old hat and selling cheap
because there will be 20 others doing the same thing. Cutting edge is just
a bunch of hipe anyway.



Quote:> Currently it looks like Uniden has the market. Does anyone know about
> othercompanies making digital scanners in the future. $700.00 is Too
> much for me for the
> scanner and the card.
> Please email

--
That Other George


http://webpages.charter.net/moment/

http://webpages.charter.net/moment/winjunk.htm

 
 
 

MY TOWN WENT DIGITAL, NOW WHAT???

Post by The Dawn Soliloq » Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:36:52

I have the Uniden without the Digital Card. (APCO). Unless your area is APCO
compliant, there would be no sense in buying the Uniden any way.

Do you know if your area is APCO compliant?

Uniden is expected to release another generation of Digital Scanners that will
be compliant with a broader range of digital systems. You may be better
waiting anyway. The prices will come down as the units become more popular,
and the bugs will be ironed out as well.

Regards. (sorry to see your plight, I'm sure that it will get us all sooner or
later)



>Wait 1 1/2 2 years and that scanner will be old hat and selling cheap
>because there will be 20 others doing the same thing. Cutting edge is just
>a bunch of hipe anyway.



>> Currently it looks like Uniden has the market. Does anyone know about
>> othercompanies making digital scanners in the future. $700.00 is Too
>> much for me for the
>> scanner and the card.
>> Please email

Never say never.
Nothing is absolute.