scanner. Become extremely clear once signal is caught. What would cause
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Slower Traffic Keep Right
1) about what frequency range does it happen on ?
2) is it a handheld scanner or a base ? this doesn't really matter.
3) are you using a internal antenna. or external ? external meaning do you
have your scanner hooked up to a outside antenna. or do you use a ***
ducky or something connected to your scanner in the house.
4) is it by a computer, monitor or a hub. Newer Hubs have been giving off
bad RF lately ?
5) Give more detail. Location, Antenna, Frequency area.
If you use a *** ducky or a telescopic antenna in the house. you will or
may get popping sounds especcially between 43 - 49 Mhz. and 137 - 150 Mhz. I
am speaking on Canadian RF though. If it is below 29. It could be a few
things. If you don't get any RFI above 400 Mhz. then it is something around
you or your vehicle.
Not all of us are rude. Most of us will help you too :).
Quote:> My scanner has an unusual amount of hiss, snap, crackle, and pop while
> scanner. Become extremely clear once signal is caught. What would cause
> Thanks in advance for any advice.
> Slower Traffic Keep Right
7. Radio static
10. static question