CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Pau » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00


Quote:>CBS had the cell phone conversation from the Bronco chase on TV last night.  I
>guess they figure that if the Martins aren't going to get any slap on the
>wrist, then they are allowed to play any cell phone conversation they want
>also.  What gives?  I KNOW if I gave my tape of a cell call to somebody, I'd
>be in a load of shit because I'm one of those low life scanner listeners. What
>gives?  Any comments?
>Tyler

Didn't you pay attention to the broadcast???

It wasn't a recording of a cellphone via a scanner.  It was a
recording made at the police headquaters where the double ***er
called.

Call any police station and you will be recorded whether or not you
use a cell phone.

CALM DOWN.

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by tyle » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00


CBS had the cell phone conversation from the Bronco chase on TV last night.  I
guess they figure that if the Martins aren't going to get any slap on the
wrist, then they are allowed to play any cell phone conversation they want
also.  What gives?  I KNOW if I gave my tape of a cell call to somebody, I'd
be in a load of shit because I'm one of those low life scanner listeners. What
gives?  Any comments?
Tyler

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Scott Cloke » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00


> CBS had the cell phone conversation from the Bronco chase on TV last night.  I
> guess they figure that if the Martins aren't going to get any slap on the
> wrist, then they are allowed to play any cell phone conversation they want
> also.  What gives?  I KNOW if I gave my tape of a cell call to somebody, I'd
> be in a load of shit because I'm one of those low life scanner listeners. What
> gives?  Any comments?
> Tyler

I've only heard the conversations that OJ had with the police and was
under the impression they were recorded (landline side) by the police.
Are there other conversations that I haven't heard?
 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Mike Sugimo » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: CBS had the cell phone conversation from the Bronco chase on TV last night.  I
: guess they figure that if the Martins aren't going to get any slap on the
: wrist, then they are allowed to play any cell phone conversation they want
: also.  What gives?  I KNOW if I gave my tape of a cell call to somebody, I'd
: be in a load of shit because I'm one of those low life scanner listeners. What
: gives?  Any comments?

Yes.

If you taped it, go back and watch it again. What you hear is a recording,
done by the police at the 911 dispatch centre, made by Simpson or
whoever the hell had the phone during the entire low-speed chase. Let
me re-iterate: THIS CONVERSATION WAS NOT INTERCEPTED OVER THE AIRWAVES.
No ifs, ands, or buts. You call 911, you get taped.

Taping 911 calls has been standard procedure for *years*, and is
absolutely nothing new. Police have routinely released this information as
a matter of fact during the course of an investigation - look at what the
FBI did just recently when they released the 911 call alerting police to
the bombing in Atlanta during the Olympics.

Get the facts next time before you get all high and mighty.

Furrfu.

---
mike sugimoto  gat/md/t/s, dreamer, shaper, singer, maker

"to cure sometimes, to relieve often, to comfort always."

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Karl Dahlquis » Thu, 30 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I believe that LAPD released the tapes in the past couple days.  The audio
files are posted on http://www.msnbc.com


 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by tyle » Fri, 31 Jan 1997 04:00:00

What

Quote:>: gives?  Any comments?

>Yes.

>If you taped it, go back and watch it again. What you hear is a recording,
>done by the police at the 911 dispatch centre, made by Simpson or
>whoever the hell had the phone during the entire low-speed chase. Let
>me re-iterate: THIS CONVERSATION WAS NOT INTERCEPTED OVER THE AIRWAVES.
>No ifs, ands, or buts. You call 911, you get taped.

>Taping 911 calls has been standard procedure for *years*, and is
>absolutely nothing new. Police have routinely released this information as
>a matter of fact during the course of an investigation - look at what the
>FBI did just recently when they released the 911 call alerting police to
>the bombing in Atlanta during the Olympics.

>Get the facts next time before you get all high and mighty.

I wasn't getting "all high and mighty," I was asking how they got away with it
and my question was answered.

Thanks..Tyler

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Brian Zenti » Sat, 01 Feb 1997 04:00:00

The tape was not of a radio intercept but of a police telephone call; no
different than playing a 911 call.

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Matt » Sun, 02 Feb 1997 04:00:00

What about the "Mom, I did it. I killed her!" cell conversation? Or is
that an urban legend?

Matt

--
?????????????????????????????????????
Forget Authority: Question yourself!
?????????????????????????????????????

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by mike ri » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00



>>CBS had the cell phone conversation from the Bronco chase on TV last night.  I
>>guess they figure that if the Martins aren't going to get any slap on the
>>wrist, then they are allowed to play any cell phone conversation they want
>>also.  What gives?  I KNOW if I gave my tape of a cell call to somebody, I'd
>>be in a load of shit because I'm one of those low life scanner listeners. What
>>gives?  Any comments?
>>Tyler

>Didn't you pay attention to the broadcast???
>It wasn't a recording of a cellphone via a scanner.  It was a
>recording made at the police headquaters where the double ***er
>called.
>Call any police station and you will be recorded whether or not you
>use a cell phone.
>CALM DOWN.

Yaeh, but I think they called OJ.  Does that mean the LAPD has a
right to violate the federal law and release the tapes to the public.
Actually, I have a feeling these tapes may have been made public
with the approval of a court, the civil court, as it came at the end
of the civil trial.  If someone knows how these tapes became available
to the networks, I think we would all like to know.  NBC had them
and ABC did as well. I think everyone got them.

Mike Rice

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by mike ri » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00


>What
>>: gives?  Any comments?

>>Yes.

>>If you taped it, go back and watch it again. What you hear is a recording,
>>done by the police at the 911 dispatch centre, made by Simpson or
>>whoever the hell had the phone during the entire low-speed chase. Let
>>me re-iterate: THIS CONVERSATION WAS NOT INTERCEPTED OVER THE AIRWAVES.
>>No ifs, ands, or buts. You call 911, you get taped.

>>Taping 911 calls has been standard procedure for *years*, and is
>>absolutely nothing new. Police have routinely released this information as
>>a matter of fact during the course of an investigation - look at what the
>>FBI did just recently when they released the 911 call alerting police to
>>the bombing in Atlanta during the Olympics.

>>Get the facts next time before you get all high and mighty.
>I wasn't getting "all high and mighty," I was asking how they got away with it
>and my question was answered.
>Thanks..Tyler

No it hasn't, why were these tapes made public.  Are 911 tapes always
public record?  If they were, those tapes would have been on the air
two years ago.

Mike Rice

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Jery Gru » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00


> What about the "Mom, I did it. I killed her!" cell conversation? Or is
> that an urban legend?

> Matt

> --
> ?????????????????????????????????????
> Forget Authority: Question yourself!
> ?????????????????????????????????????

If you've got RealAudio, then checkout http:\\www.policescanner.com
they've got 7.5 minutes of the police officer at 911 trying to talk OJ out
of killing himself.  Pretty (Way) cool!!!
 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Darwin Teag » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00




>> What about the "Mom, I did it. I killed her!" cell conversation? Or is
>> that an urban legend?

>> Matt

>> --
>> ?????????????????????????????????????
>> Forget Authority: Question yourself!
>> ?????????????????????????????????????

>If you've got RealAudio, then checkout http:\\www.policescanner.com
>they've got 7.5 minutes of the police officer at 911 trying to talk OJ out
>of killing himself.  Pretty (Way) cool!!!

I don't know what the big fuss is, I heard the cell phone conversations the
night the cops were chasing him.... satellite dish news feed. I had the
helicopter reporter's voice on the left channel and the cops/cell phone on the
right.
 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by mike ri » Sun, 09 Feb 1997 04:00:00





>>> What about the "Mom, I did it. I killed her!" cell conversation? Or is
>>> that an urban legend?

>>> Matt

>>> --
>>> ?????????????????????????????????????
>>> Forget Authority: Question yourself!
>>> ?????????????????????????????????????

>>If you've got RealAudio, then checkout http:\\www.policescanner.com
>>they've got 7.5 minutes of the police officer at 911 trying to talk OJ out
>>of killing himself.  Pretty (Way) cool!!!
>I don't know what the big fuss is, I heard the cell phone conversations the
>night the cops were chasing him.... satellite dish news feed. I had the
>helicopter reporter's voice on the left channel and the cops/cell phone on the
>right.

That's interesting.  It means some enterprising wag at one of the
stations with helicopters had figured out OJ's freq and jacked it
into the right channel.  Great stuff, but I don't understand why the
networks had the right to use it during the civil trial, just because
it was introed into evidence.  Could someone explain that to me.
Just becauase its evidence doesn't make it for public consumption.

Mike Rice

 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by Dav » Sun, 09 Feb 1997 04:00:00






>>>> What about the "Mom, I did it. I killed her!" cell conversation? Or is
>>>> that an urban legend?

snip

> Could someone explain that to me.
>Just becauase its evidence doesn't make it for public consumption.

>Mike Rice


Simple.  Once it was introduced as evidence it became part of the
public record.
 
 
 

CBS HAD THE BRONCO CHASE CELL PHONE CONVERSATION LAST NIGHT!!

Post by ASN » Sun, 09 Feb 1997 04:00:00


> That's interesting.  It means some enterprising wag at one of the
> stations with helicopters had figured out OJ's freq and jacked it
> into the right channel.  Great stuff, but I don't understand why the
> networks had the right to use it during the civil trial, just because
> it was introed into evidence.  Could someone explain that to me.
> Just becauase its evidence doesn't make it for public consumption.

Because Enquiring Minds Want to Know!