Digital Nightmare

Digital Nightmare

Post by chest » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 04:24:38

I have a relative who works for Motorola and he's telling me that
threre are 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 counties already that will be
switching to encyption around the time Uniden releases their digital
radio. One agency (HP) are going to wait a month or two before they
encrypt to***people off. What ***s!!!!!!
 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by Never anonymous Bu » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 10:17:28



thusly  

Quote:>I have a relative who works for Motorola and he's telling me that
>threre are 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 counties already that will be
>switching to encyption around the time Uniden releases their digital
>radio. One agency (HP) are going to wait a month or two before they
>encrypt to***people off. What ***s!!!!!!

Most agencies CAN'T just turn on encryption, they'll need to spend
_many_ millions of dollars to upgrade, and in THIS economy, few of
them are going to be able to justify that kind of expenditure.

To reply by email, remove the XYZ.

Lumber Cartel (tinlc) #2063. Spam this account at your own risk.

It's your SIG, say what you want to say....

 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by INFOSP » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 12:30:23

I don't suppose he told you witch ones that would be.


Quote:> I have a relative who works for Motorola and he's telling me that
> threre are 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 counties already that will be
> switching to encyption around the time Uniden releases their digital
> radio. One agency (HP) are going to wait a month or two before they
> encrypt to***people off. What ***s!!!!!!

 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by isoba » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 14:06:22

I hope that does happen. We will finally see the first law suits over public
safety encypting their signal.The news media won't stand for it and
I agree with them.


Quote:> I have a relative who works for Motorola and he's telling me that
> threre are 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 counties already that will be
> switching to encyption around the time Uniden releases their digital
> radio. One agency (HP) are going to wait a month or two before they
> encrypt to***people off. What ***s!!!!!!

 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by Skip Sander » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 15:26:02

No, you won't, iso.  The police simply provide (at high cost, but hey, the
media makes lots of money, right?) real radios of theirs, programmed for
recieve only, and only to decode the 'allowed' channels (no special ops
channels, etc), to the media.  Just like they do now for trunked systems.


> I hope that does happen. We will finally see the first law suits over
public
> safety encypting their signal.The news media won't stand for it and
> I agree with them.


> > I have a relative who works for Motorola and he's telling me that
> > threre are 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 counties already that will be
> > switching to encyption around the time Uniden releases their digital
> > radio. One agency (HP) are going to wait a month or two before they
> > encrypt to***people off. What ***s!!!!!!

 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by isoba » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 07:28:28

Well that REALLY sucks!....


> No, you won't, iso.  The police simply provide (at high cost, but hey, the
> media makes lots of money, right?) real radios of theirs, programmed for
> recieve only, and only to decode the 'allowed' channels (no special ops
> channels, etc), to the media.  Just like they do now for trunked systems.



> > I hope that does happen. We will finally see the first law suits over
> public
> > safety encypting their signal.The news media won't stand for it and
> > I agree with them.



> > > I have a relative who works for Motorola and he's telling me that
> > > threre are 3 states, 5 cities, and 7 counties already that will be
> > > switching to encyption around the time Uniden releases their digital
> > > radio. One agency (HP) are going to wait a month or two before they
> > > encrypt to***people off. What ***s!!!!!!

 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by chest » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:16:58


>I hope that does happen. We will finally see the first law suits over public
>safety encypting their signal.The news media won't stand for it and
>I agree with them.

The media will have the money and permission to listen to them and we
won't. They won't care if they get access.
 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by chest » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:21:13



Quote:>I don't suppose he told you witch ones that would be.

I was told not to say because it's a private business matter.
I know (remember) that there are two HP (highway patrol) states that
will do it. One is in the Mid-west and the other is a northeast state.
And three of the cities are major cities. Two in the Northeast, one
out west, and a smaller city in the midwest. This smaller city is big
enough to have MLB, NBA, and NFL team.
 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by chest » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:29:41

On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 01:17:28 GMT, Never anonymous Bud


>Most agencies CAN'T just turn on encryption, they'll need to spend
>_many_ millions of dollars to upgrade, and in THIS economy, few of
>them are going to be able to justify that kind of expenditure.

Actually the government is going on the biggest spending spree ever.
They are fueling the economy with their spending. A lot of Homeland
Security funds will trickle down to communications for various areas.
I assume that encryption will be sold (sales pitch) to customers of
every new radio system as a secure "Homeland Security" communications
system, and I assume most ignorant politicians may fall for it for
security reasons. He doesn't work in sales and won't speculate if
they'll try to push these more exspensive encrypted systems after
9/11. I'm sure the sales of encryption will go up, but that's my
speculation.
 
 
 

Digital Nightmare

Post by f.. » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 05:37:36


> Actually the government is going on the biggest spending spree ever.

Sad but true.

Quote:

> They are fueling the economy with their spending.

They would like for you to believe that myth.
Instead, they are bankrupting the economy.

~Bart~