PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by Chuck Ro » Tue, 23 May 2000 04:00:00

Nope, I had two with same poor results.



Quote:>Maybe I just got a bad unit..

 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by Research Monke » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00


Quote:>Nope, I had two with same poor results.

Thanks 4 telling us. I was gonna buy one!
my pro-90 never worked either.
Any suggestions as to a reliable trunker?
I love my pro-26.But since my county has moved to trunking it's difficult to
find out why there are sirens.
I want a ctcss decoder though, I have a software program that does it with the
soundcard but somethings wrong w/ my audio drivers (crap! dagnammit!)
I really want that winradio though
 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by John L. Wilkerson J » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00



Quote:>>Nope, I had two with same poor results.

>Thanks 4 telling us. I was gonna buy one!
>my pro-90 never worked either.
>Any suggestions as to a reliable trunker?
>I love my pro-26.But since my county has moved to trunking it's
>difficult to find out why there are sirens.
>I want a ctcss decoder though, I have a software program that does it
>with the soundcard but somethings wrong w/ my audio drivers (crap!
>dagnammit!) I really want that winradio though

The Pro-91 is EXCELLENT on Motorola type trunking systems.. I highly
Recommend it :)

--

Supporting Family Two Way Radio Communications.. See websites:
http://members.tripod.com/~jwilkers/frspage.html
FRS Mailing list:  http://www.egroups.com/group/frs
Wilky5 on AIM              johnwilky on Yahoo msgr.

 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by TooManyRadi » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00



>Thanks 4 telling us. I was gonna buy one!
>my pro-90 never worked either.

That's strange.  Unlike the 92, the PRO-90 is of Uniden origin.  It's actually
a Bearcat 235XLT in disguise.  Same circuitry, so it uses the Uniden method of
tracking via the data channel.
 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by Research Monke » Thu, 25 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

>That's strange.  Unlike the 92, the PRO-90 is of Uniden origin.  It's
>actually
>a Bearcat 235XLT in disguise.  Same circuitry, so it uses the Uniden method
>of
>tracking via the data channel.

Maybe it was a returned one. you know ratshack
 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by BlueMa » Sat, 27 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Thanks 4 telling us. I was gonna buy one!
> my pro-90 never worked either.
> Any suggestions as to a reliable trunker?
> I love my pro-26.But since my county has moved to trunking it's difficult
to
> find out why there are sirens.
> I want a ctcss decoder though, I have a software program that does it with
the
> soundcard but somethings wrong w/ my audio drivers (crap! dagnammit!)
> I really want that winradio though

If your only going to be tracking Motorola, the Pro-91 is a great buy. I've
had
one since they came out, well worth the money. If you need to track EDACS,
the Pro-94 is wondeful radio. I've had my 94 for about a month now and
absolutely
love it.
 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by Goji' » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

Yes, I have a Pro-92 & some of the bugs that go along with it. My main
problem
is that in the motor mode, BTW I'm in the Palm Springs, Ca area, rather
small
area totally surrounded by mountains. Anyway, I also have a Pro-90 & what it
shows for user ID codes for motorola & what the pro-92 shows are 2 different
things. Aside from that & the usual "wabble" it's great.
      Goji...
 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by Jerry William » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

What is the squelch tail like on the Pro 91?




> >>Nope, I had two with same poor results.

> >Thanks 4 telling us. I was gonna buy one!
> >my pro-90 never worked either.
> >Any suggestions as to a reliable trunker?
> >I love my pro-26.But since my county has moved to trunking it's
> >difficult to find out why there are sirens.
> >I want a ctcss decoder though, I have a software program that does it
> >with the soundcard but somethings wrong w/ my audio drivers (crap!
> >dagnammit!) I really want that winradio though

> The Pro-91 is EXCELLENT on Motorola type trunking systems.. I highly
> Recommend it :)

> --

> Supporting Family Two Way Radio Communications.. See websites:
> http://members.tripod.com/~jwilkers/frspage.html
> FRS Mailing list:  http://www.egroups.com/group/frs
> Wilky5 on AIM              johnwilky on Yahoo msgr.

 
 
 

PRO-92 shortcomings (was: Re: Pro 94 discontinued?)

Post by John L. Wilkerson J » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00



Quote:>What is the squelch tail like on the Pro 91?

When trunking there is NO squelch tail whatsoever... provided it is set to
disconnect when the control channel sends its disconnect command... You can
also set it to have a squelch tail if you would like :)

In conventional mode it is a very short "chunk"
--

Supporting Family Two Way Radio Communications.. See websites:
http://members.tripod.com/~jwilkers/frspage.html
FRS Mailing list:  http://www.egroups.com/group/frs
Wilky5 on AIM              johnwilky on Yahoo msgr.