Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by FArmand » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Radio Shack you've got questions we've got idiots!

Other wise known at Rat Shack!!

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by G » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00


You've got questions?  We've got blank stares!


Quote:>Radio Shack you've got questions we've got idiots!

>Other wise known at Rat Shack!!

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by Al Gerharte » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

        Is there some "realistic" reason why Radio Shack cannot sell
batteries
to an un-named person?   I don't want to get on the mailing list again,
and
my local stores(2) insist on a name address, phone, etc. in order to
purchase
the smallest item.
        I've been told that it is their return policy that forces this.
However, I have
returned items with a receipt and no name, and I have been unable to
return items with a name and no receipt, so why bother.
        I live in the Oregon "outback", so electrical stores are few and
far between, but dealing with these people has been more difficult than
it is worth. I have had prices change while I was in line. I have
purchased batteries that were dead when I left the store. I have been
harassed and hassled so much that I will drive to another town, or deal
with someone else by mail(or net).

                                                        Al Gerharter,
Roseburg, Oregon
No, I'm not in the witness protection program.


> You've got questions?  We've got blank stares!


> >Radio Shack you've got questions we've got idiots!

> >Other wise known at Rat Shack!!

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by Mike Yetsk » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Geesh, what is so damn hard about saying "REFUSED" when
they ask for your name and address?

If the clerk gives you grief, ask he he'd like you talk to the manager
and EXPLAIN that you don't want to give your name and address.

If it's the manager, ask him he'd like to get his 'district manager' on
the phone and explain why you don't want to give your name and
address.

Geesh, all they have to do is hit a SINGLE KEY (it used to be
<F6> on the one Store System) and then it bypasses the
name and address.

Mike Yetsko


>        Is there some "realistic" reason why Radio Shack cannot sell
>batteries
>to an un-named person?   I don't want to get on the mailing list again,
>and
>my local stores(2) insist on a name address, phone, etc. in order to
>purchase
>the smallest item.
>        I've been told that it is their return policy that forces this.
>However, I have
>returned items with a receipt and no name, and I have been unable to
>return items with a name and no receipt, so why bother.
>        I live in the Oregon "outback", so electrical stores are few
and
>far between, but dealing with these people has been more difficult than
>it is worth. I have had prices change while I was in line. I have
>purchased batteries that were dead when I left the store. I have been
>harassed and hassled so much that I will drive to another town, or deal
>with someone else by mail(or net).

>                                                        Al Gerharter,
>Roseburg, Oregon
>No, I'm not in the witness protection program.

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by RFEnforc » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00



>If it's the manager, ask him he'd like to get his 'district manager' on
>the phone and explain why you don't want to give your name and
>address.

In the case of buying something like batteries, it would be best to just take
your business elsewhere.  Wal-Mart, for example, is MUCH cheaper than Radio
Shack on these items.  

Note: this address does not accept unsolicited e-mail.  Please contain all
discussion regarding USENET posts to the appropriate newsgroup thread.

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by shakenbak » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

The best response that has always worked for me is "No Thank You" when I am
asked for my name. This has worked for me in every RS I have purchased
from. Try it and be sincere when you say it...it really works.They have
never questioned me further.



>         Is there some "realistic" reason why Radio Shack cannot sell
> batteries
> to an un-named person?   I don't want to get on the mailing list again,
> and
> my local stores(2) insist on a name address, phone, etc. in order to
> purchase
> the smallest item.
>         I've been told that it is their return policy that forces this.
> However, I have
> returned items with a receipt and no name, and I have been unable to
> return items with a name and no receipt, so why bother.
>         I live in the Oregon "outback", so electrical stores are few and
> far between, but dealing with these people has been more difficult than
> it is worth. I have had prices change while I was in line. I have
> purchased batteries that were dead when I left the store. I have been
> harassed and hassled so much that I will drive to another town, or deal
> with someone else by mail(or net).

>                                                         Al Gerharter,
> Roseburg, Oregon
> No, I'm not in the witness protection program.


> > You've got questions?  We've got blank stares!


> > >Radio Shack you've got questions we've got idiots!

> > >Other wise known at Rat Shack!!

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by T.. » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:23:17 -0700, Al Gerharter


>        Is there some "realistic" reason why Radio Shack cannot sell
>batteries
>to an un-named person?   I don't want to get on the mailing list again,
>and
>my local stores(2) insist on a name address, phone, etc. in order to
>purchase
>the smallest item.
>        I've been told that it is their return policy that forces this.
>However, I have
>returned items with a receipt and no name, and I have been unable to
>return items with a name and no receipt, so why bother.
>        I live in the Oregon "outback", so electrical stores are few and
>far between, but dealing with these people has been more difficult than
>it is worth. I have had prices change while I was in line. I have
>purchased batteries that were dead when I left the store. I have been
>harassed and hassled so much that I will drive to another town, or deal
>with someone else by mail(or net).

  When they ask for name just say (like I do) "If I'm not in the
database forget it and just do the sale. If they refuse to sell to
you, tell them "fine, I'm sure you're headquarters will love to hear
about this then". Then head for the door. See what happens.

    I go into 5 local shacks here where I live, about 5 times a year
at least. EVERYTIME I buy something they need to re-input my info. I
got sick of it and now say forget it. If they can't get their shit
together that's THEIR problem, not mine. Either their computer system
sucks or they blow out the databases on a regular basis. Either way
I'm tired of it. IF enough folks refuse they will have to change the
way they do this nonsense.

Tom

(P.S., And "No, I don't want to switch to Sprint either!")

- Show quoted text -

>                                                        Al Gerharter,
>Roseburg, Oregon
>No, I'm not in the witness protection program.


>> You've got questions?  We've got blank stares!


>> >Radio Shack you've got questions we've got idiots!

>> >Other wise known at Rat Shack!!

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by T.. » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00



Quote:>Geesh, what is so damn hard about saying "REFUSED" when
>they ask for your name and address?

>If the clerk gives you grief, ask he he'd like you talk to the manager
>and EXPLAIN that you don't want to give your name and address.

>If it's the manager, ask him he'd like to get his 'district manager' on
>the phone and explain why you don't want to give your name and
>address.

>Geesh, all they have to do is hit a SINGLE KEY (it used to be
><F6> on the one Store System) and then it bypasses the
>name and address.

>Mike Yetsko

   Sounds easy Mike but these dopes actually get pissed when you tell
them no. Like you just killed their dog or something.

Tom


>>        Is there some "realistic" reason why Radio Shack cannot sell
>>batteries
>>to an un-named person?   I don't want to get on the mailing list again,
>>and
>>my local stores(2) insist on a name address, phone, etc. in order to
>>purchase
>>the smallest item.
>>        I've been told that it is their return policy that forces this.
>>However, I have
>>returned items with a receipt and no name, and I have been unable to
>>return items with a name and no receipt, so why bother.
>>        I live in the Oregon "outback", so electrical stores are few
>and
>>far between, but dealing with these people has been more difficult than
>>it is worth. I have had prices change while I was in line. I have
>>purchased batteries that were dead when I left the store. I have been
>>harassed and hassled so much that I will drive to another town, or deal
>>with someone else by mail(or net).

>>                                                        Al Gerharter,
>>Roseburg, Oregon
>>No, I'm not in the witness protection program.

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by JER153 » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

ASK THEM FOR THEIR NAME ETC.         IT WAS A RIOT !!!!!
 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by Al, N2NK » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I always give them my name, and they are courteous.  Last time I
made a purchase, they offered me two copies of their new catalog-
one for home and one for my office.
Al

>The best response that has always worked for me is "No Thank You" when I am
>asked for my name. This has worked for me in every RS I have purchased
>from. Try it and be sincere when you say it...it really works.They have
>never questioned me further.




 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by Blake N » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Let us know how many wonderful RS sale brochures you
get in the next 6 months, too.

:)


> I always give them my name, and they are courteous.  Last time I
> made a purchase, they offered me two copies of their new catalog-
> one for home and one for my office.
> Al

 
 
 

Radio Shack: "You've Got Questions..." (was: Re: Boycott Radio Shack!!!)

Post by Glenn Highcov » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Are those a bad thing?  I personally like knowing what's on sale at Radio
Shack;  it's saved me hundreds of dollars over the years.  For all the
grousing on this NG about being charged for catalogs (which my RS never
did), it seems it would actually be a service to get miniature versions of
the catalog hand-delivered to my mailbox.


> Let us know how many wonderful RS sale brochures you
> get in the next 6 months, too.

> :)




Quote:> > I always give them my name, and they are courteous.  Last time I
> > made a purchase, they offered me two copies of their new catalog-
> > one for home and one for my office.
> > Al