Bearcat 245XLT

Bearcat 245XLT

Post by Georg » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 06:28:20

How do you clear out all the frequencies from the 245XLT??
I know there was a few buttons you pressed when you turned on the radio, but
I can't remember which keys.  Any help is appreciated.
--
George - NY
NBC News-Retired
 
 
 

Bearcat 245XLT

Post by Tom » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:59:31


Try holding down the following keys when turning the radio on:
2, 9, manual

Tom


Quote:> How do you clear out all the frequencies from the 245XLT??
> I know there was a few buttons you pressed when you turned on the radio,
but
> I can't remember which keys.  Any help is appreciated.
> --
> George - NY
> NBC News-Retired

 
 
 

Bearcat 245XLT

Post by Georg » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:05:12

Thank all for the information.  Now I can get back to programming from
scratch.  Boy this radio is great but the owners guide in terrible.   Still
can't get a hand on how to program in trunking frequencies.
Thanks again guys.
George


> Try holding down the following keys when turning the radio on:
> 2, 9, manual

> Tom



> > How do you clear out all the frequencies from the 245XLT??
> > I know there was a few buttons you pressed when you turned on the radio,
> but
> > I can't remember which keys.  Any help is appreciated.
> > --
> > George - NY
> > NBC News-Retired

 
 
 

Bearcat 245XLT

Post by Jim Chishol » Thu, 18 Jan 2001 23:59:53


> Thank all for the information.  Now I can get back to programming from
> scratch.  Boy this radio is great but the owners guide in terrible.   Still
> can't get a hand on how to program in trunking frequencies.
> Thanks again guys.
> George

Hi George..
Just got one myself so I know what you mean.. just make sure you're in
trunking mode *before* you program your freq.'s in . There's only a
quick reference to this vital tip in the manual, it took me days to
figure it out. Hold down <trunk> for 2 secs. till it beeps, then choose
what bank you want to use. Select your trunk type (E2, whatever,
remember that E1 will need a fleet map), hit <e> and then input your
freqs. Hopefully one of them will be a control freq or you'll be SOL.
Hit search and away you go..

Jim
--

=======================================================

Dalhousie University, Dept. Physics Halifax N.S. Canada
Halifax Regional Fire and Emergency Service
Captain & Training Officer  Bay Road Station 59
=======================================================

 
 
 

Bearcat 245XLT

Post by David Case » Sat, 20 Jan 2001 07:51:32


> Thank all for the information.  Now I can get back to programming from
> scratch.  Boy this radio is great but the owners guide in terrible.
Still
> can't get a hand on how to program in trunking frequencies.

The pro-94's instruction book is also a piece of crap.  I can't figure out
how to enable it to search some of the pre-programmed fleet maps.  Anyone
have any idea what I might be doing wrong since it's not doing what the book
says it should be!

Dave