Cordless Phones Seized by Serb Police

Cordless Phones Seized by Serb Police

Post by Nigel All » Sun, 28 Aug 1994 07:56:00

[This deals with monitoring police calls on cordless phones
rather than purpose-built scanners, but I thought it would be
of interest to readers of this newsgroup.]

Note from NDA: Kosova (sometimes written Kosovo) is a part of
Serbia adjacent to Albania and inhabited mostly by ethnic Albanians.
It is governed as an integral part of Serbia, and the police there are
pretty vicious.

The following article was originally posted to soc.culture.yugoslavia

 >Subject: News from Kosova
 >Date: Mon Aug 22 12:11:02 1994

KOSOVA COMMUNICATION
Bulletin of the Ministry of the Information
of the Republic of Kosova
3rd Year; No 184; 22 August 1994

Serb Police in Mass Telephone Seizures

The presence of cordless telephones in numerous private Albanian
homes has been of great concern to Serbian police authorities with the
revelation that in some cases, police wave bands can be overheard.

Consequently Serbian police have embarked upon a mass search of
Albanian homes throughout communes of Kosova in order to seize
telephones which police believe are being used to eavesdrop on police
communication frequencies. In many cases, families found in
possession of such phones have been subjected to physical
maltreatment.

Incidents of this type have been reported in the communes of Decan
and Kamenica with over 54 telephones seized, each seizure
accompanied by maltreatment of Albanian residents.

Albanians affected by this police action have pointed out that they
had purchased the phones legally and with the full knowledge of Serbian
telecommunication authorities and had paid up to 2,500 DM in order to
be connected.

 
 
 

Cordless Phones Seized by Serb Police

Post by Richard Cri » Fri, 02 Sep 1994 11:30:45



>Serb Police in Mass Telephone Seizures

>The presence of cordless telephones in numerous private Albanian
>homes has been of great concern to Serbian police authorities with the
>revelation that in some cases, police wave bands can be overheard.

>Consequently Serbian police have embarked upon a mass search of
>Albanian homes throughout communes of Kosova in order to seize
>telephones which police believe are being used to eavesdrop on police
>communication frequencies. In many cases, families found in
>possession of such phones have been subjected to physical
>maltreatment.

Sounds like an excellent idea to add such an amendment to Clowntoon's
so called Crime Bill. Just think how much more effective the
100K new cops will be using radios that no one can overhear!
--

(415) 903-3832 wk                                         (408) 253 4541 fax

"It is a good thing that we do not get as much government as we pay for"
                        -Will Rogers
 
 
 

Cordless Phones Seized by Serb Police

Post by dayg » Tue, 06 Sep 1994 02:06:06

Quote:> Sounds like an excellent idea to add such an amendment to Clowntoon's
> so called Crime Bill. Just think how much more effective the
> 100K new cops will be using radios that no one can overhear!

Are you kidding me Clowntoons new 100K cops will NOT be using radios
they will be using radar guns.  You know how horrible a crime speeding
is?
 
 
 

Cordless Phones Seized by Serb Police

Post by Andy Domonk » Wed, 07 Sep 1994 21:39:44


> > Sounds like an excellent idea to add such an amendment to Clowntoon's
> > so called Crime Bill. Just think how much more effective the
> > 100K new cops will be using radios that no one can overhear!

> Are you kidding me Clowntoons new 100K cops will NOT be using radios
> they will be using radar guns.  You know how horrible a crime speeding
> is?

Warning, will these be Federal Police? (Anyone remember when a government
last instituted 'Federal Police'. SS, Gestapo?