UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by Murray Neec » Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a collection of even worse stories all saved in my files here....if you are
serious about it, lets get em!!   Class action and the ACLU should be or the some
other inexpensive lawyering could be rewarding......anyone with me?  Murray


> I know of an amplifier that was shipped ups (united parcel
> smashers). It was mounted on a 2x4 wood frame that was
> crated in another box, ups managed to tear the rf deck off
> the front panel of the amp, break the 2x4's (as in 2 x 4
> inch studs). They are refusing to pay the insurance claim
> since the amp wasn't properly packaged!
>                 Mark

> "Victor Healey

> > UPS has for several years left expensive items outside with out even ringing
> > the door bell in some cases. The driver seems to be in such a hurry. We have
> > gone for several days before we noticed some items at the door since we use
> > the garage more often than not.

> > There used to be a store near here called Peachtree Salvage that had
> > literally tons of items shipped by UPS that never made it to the
> > destination. It had several branches. One could literally buy electronics
> > for a fraction of their value until they got someone who had an idea of
> > their real worth. I bought many a bargain from them. The point is that UPS
> > lost so much that a chain of stores made a good business of selling stuff
> > that never made it to the consignee.

> > 73 de
> > ki4je



> > > If a shipper accepts a package, then I think it should be deemed as
> > > adequately packaged. Don't take any guff, its the loud customer that gets,
> > > the insurance.

> > > On anything expensive I use Fedex. I have had a perfect record from them,
> > > shipping laptops as well as ham gear.

> > > UPS delivered my new FT-100 to a house 6 blocks from me! With no
> > signature!
> > > Just left it and its rainy season!
> > > --
> > > 73's from W4BEN,
> > > Benjamin Blavat

> --
> en24gp 6m through 1296, BBQ rules, icq 41823284

  radioranch.vcf
< 1K Download
 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by DSJKALL » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Everyone may wish to consider using USPS Registered Priority Mail with
Insurance and Delivery Confirmation for shipping.  I've used the post office
exclusively for the past year and a half, selling and buying, without any
damage claims.  Shipped an Omni-C, VFO, and PS to a fellow in central PA from
my QTH in central Illinois last fall - mailed the three boxes Saturday morning,
and he received them Monday afternoon!  And, you receive this service at a rate
typically equal to or slightly less than UPS Ground!  Registering the Priority
Mail deliveries ensure that the goods will be delivered securely with a
signature - no parcels left on the porch in rainy wx!  I don't work for the
post office, just a vy happy customer who has used Priority Mail very often and
with great satisfaction.  For example, I just bought a pristine Kenwood TS-520S
and had it shipped via Priority Mail.  It arrived (the outside shipping
container) without the slightest deformity, and the rig inside was perfect.
And, as most of you probably know, the old 520s weighed in at around 40 to 45
lbs.

73,
Don Allen W9CW
Urbana, IL

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by Dave » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Several months ago UPS delivered a GAP challenger to my house, my wife was
home at the time. She said that the driver rang the door bell but by the
time she got to the door the driver was driving off in his truck and the
antenna was laying on the porch. When I got home from work I found that the
shipping box was damaged, upon opening the box I found that the two (2)
lower sections (and the thickest) were bent. It was my impression that it
took a great deal of force to bend these sections of the antenna, almost as
if they used it to play tight rope walker.

On a second occasion several weeks later they left my brand new Kenwood
TS-570SG on the front steps without ringing the door bell ( I was home ).
There was no damage but the radio sat on the steps for several hours before
I went outside and found it.

I complained to UPS about this and ever since then the driver does not ring
the bell or leave the item, now they just leave the yellow ticket advising
me I have a package.

I for one will NOT use UPS for any of my shipping if I can help it. I am
going to be selling some ham gear in the near future and plan to use
alternate services.

Dave
WS2L

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by Bill » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Quote:> Several months ago UPS delivered a GAP challenger to my house, my wife was
> home at the time. She said that the driver rang the door bell but by the
> time she got to the door the driver was driving off in his truck and the
> antenna was laying on the porch. When I got home from work I found that
the
> shipping box was damaged, upon opening the box I found that the two (2)
> lower sections (and the thickest) were bent. It was my impression that it
> took a great deal of force to bend these sections of the antenna, almost
as
> if they used it to play tight rope walker.

> On a second occasion several weeks later they left my brand new Kenwood
> TS-570SG on the front steps without ringing the door bell ( I was home ).
> There was no damage but the radio sat on the steps for several hours
before
> I went outside and found it.

> I complained to UPS about this and ever since then the driver does not
ring
> the bell or leave the item, now they just leave the yellow ticket advising
> me I have a package.

> I for one will NOT use UPS for any of my shipping if I can help it. I am
> going to be selling some ham gear in the near future and plan to use
> alternate services.

> Dave
> WS2L

Sounds like you need to complain to the UPS national HQ's.

Bill K9KZ

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by CompCnsu » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I know everyone has a story about United Parsel Smashers but I ordered a
 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by CompCnsu » Thu, 13 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Lets try this again. I think I hit the send button before finishing. I ordered
a power supply from some company and it was shipped UPS (yuck). Two weeks later
my XYL ask me what that package was in the back seat of the car (in the
garage). I said I don't know, opened it and found the power supply. It appears
that one day the garage door was open and the UPS man/woman, whatever must have
opened the back door of the car while it was in the garage and put it in there.
I don't know about you folks but seems like that would be a good way to get
shot.

73's
W0CBF

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by PazCowb » Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:00:00

or arrested for burglary.....

just my .02

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by MaKi » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Have you ever tried to FIND the national address? Or anything higher than
the local address? They will NOT give it to you on the phone!




> > Several months ago UPS delivered a GAP challenger to my house, my wife
was
> > home at the time. She said that the driver rang the door bell but by the
> > time she got to the door the driver was driving off in his truck and the
> > antenna was laying on the porch. When I got home from work I found that
> the
> > shipping box was damaged, upon opening the box I found that the two (2)
> > lower sections (and the thickest) were bent. It was my impression that
it
> > took a great deal of force to bend these sections of the antenna, almost
> as
> > if they used it to play tight rope walker.

> > On a second occasion several weeks later they left my brand new Kenwood
> > TS-570SG on the front steps without ringing the door bell ( I was
home ).
> > There was no damage but the radio sat on the steps for several hours
> before
> > I went outside and found it.

> > I complained to UPS about this and ever since then the driver does not
> ring
> > the bell or leave the item, now they just leave the yellow ticket
advising
> > me I have a package.

> > I for one will NOT use UPS for any of my shipping if I can help it. I am
> > going to be selling some ham gear in the near future and plan to use
> > alternate services.

> > Dave
> > WS2L

> Sounds like you need to complain to the UPS national HQ's.

> Bill K9KZ

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by Joe » Sat, 15 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Sounds like  it went through the robotic CACH hub in Chicago.
hey are scanned off the trucks on arrival then go into this automated
funhouse
"Know to employees as the Bermuda triangle"
Idiot driver asked *ME* ......... I can make a note saying damaged box sir
if you like ?
Good luck getting your money, both inner and outer boxes  smashed into
accordions over here.
Kenwood wrapped in foam ended up with a cracked rear fan bezel.
Noticed cracks around faceplate mounting screws today............I am sooooo
pissed at them

Read This B.S:

Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:03:11 -0400
Dear Ups something still looks wrong Still in CACH Illinois after 1 week
Now I am told contact the sender Lost  .............What
good is this tracking # Now what is going on where is the
expensive communications radio I already paid for ?Joe,

>      Dear Joe:
>      Thank you for your inquiry. We regret the inconvenience
>      caused in this matter. Our UPS Online Tracking System
>      indicates your package was delivered to *******
>      Plandome NY 11030 US on 07/06/00 at 3:51 p.m. The package
>      was signed for by a man at the address.

>      We hope this information is helpful. If we may assist you in
>      the future, please feel free to contact us.
>      Thank you for using UPS Internet Services.
>     Alex

>      July 7, 2000 s-10

--
Dear Joe:
Thank you for your inquiry. We sincerely apologize for the condition in
which your merchandise arrived. We will be happy to enter a Damage
Inspection Report. Please forward the following information in addition
to that which you have already provided:

- shipper's name, business name, address, ZIP Code and phone number
- receiver's name, business name, address, ZIP Code and phone number
- shipper's UPS account number
- tracking number
- ship date
- weight of package
- invoice number, purchase order number, package ID number (if
applicable)
- value of damaged merchandise
- a detailed description of the damaged item (including model number,
color, size, etc.)
- discovery date
- disposition of the package (whether it is with the shipper or the
receiver)

- Show quoted text -


>Have you ever tried to FIND the national address? Or anything higher than
>the local address? They will NOT give it to you on the phone!





>> > Several months ago UPS delivered a GAP challenger to my house, my wife
>was
>> > home at the time. She said that the driver rang the door bell but by
the
>> > time she got to the door the driver was driving off in his truck and
the
>> > antenna was laying on the porch. When I got home from work I found that
>> the
>> > shipping box was damaged, upon opening the box I found that the two (2)
>> > lower sections (and the thickest) were bent. It was my impression that
>it
>> > took a great deal of force to bend these sections of the antenna,
almost
>> as
>> > if they used it to play tight rope walker.

>> > On a second occasion several weeks later they left my brand new Kenwood
>> > TS-570SG on the front steps without ringing the door bell ( I was
>home ).
>> > There was no damage but the radio sat on the steps for several hours
>> before
>> > I went outside and found it.

>> > I complained to UPS about this and ever since then the driver does not
>> ring
>> > the bell or leave the item, now they just leave the yellow ticket
>advising
>> > me I have a package.

>> > I for one will NOT use UPS for any of my shipping if I can help it. I
am
>> > going to be selling some ham gear in the near future and plan to use
>> > alternate services.

>> > Dave
>> > WS2L

>> Sounds like you need to complain to the UPS national HQ's.

>> Bill K9KZ

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by matt webe » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00



Quote:>Have you ever tried to FIND the national address? Or anything higher than
>the local address? They will NOT give it to you on the phone!

I got it over the phone.

United Parcel Service Corporate Headquarters
55 Glenlake Pkwy NW
Atlanta, GA 30328

 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by alic » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

While needless damage can and does occur during transit, your bigger problem is
the shipper.  They should not be sending out anything of value with
no-signature releases.

Even if you receive a damaged package on your doorstep, (1) call UPS before you
open it or (2) call the shipper and have them initiate a claim.  Then, too, the
shipper might need to do a better job of packaging (like a fiberglass or
cardboard sleeve around your antenna) so tell them about that.

Tell your shipper to NOT use the no-signature release.  This used to be the
only way UPS worked, but they opt for (or default to) no-signature because
hardly anyone is at home during the day.

UPS is very service-oriented and if you ask, they will make good on every
legitimate claim.  The drivers will bend over backwards for you too, if you ask
them for help,

(No, I don't work for them)


of the opinion...

>Have you ever tried to FIND the national address? Or anything higher than
>the local address? They will NOT give it to you on the phone!





>> > Several months ago UPS delivered a GAP challenger to my house, my wife
>was
>> > home at the time. She said that the driver rang the door bell but by the
>> > time she got to the door the driver was driving off in his truck and the
>> > antenna was laying on the porch. When I got home from work I found that
>> the
>> > shipping box was damaged, upon opening the box I found that the two (2)
>> > lower sections (and the thickest) were bent. It was my impression that
>it
>> > took a great deal of force to bend these sections of the antenna, almost
>> as
>> > if they used it to play tight rope walker.

>> > On a second occasion several weeks later they left my brand new Kenwood
>> > TS-570SG on the front steps without ringing the door bell ( I was
>home ).
>> > There was no damage but the radio sat on the steps for several hours
>> before
>> > I went outside and found it.

>> > I complained to UPS about this and ever since then the driver does not
>> ring
>> > the bell or leave the item, now they just leave the yellow ticket
>advising
>> > me I have a package.

>> > I for one will NOT use UPS for any of my shipping if I can help it. I am
>> > going to be selling some ham gear in the near future and plan to use
>> > alternate services.

>> > Dave
>> > WS2L

>> Sounds like you need to complain to the UPS national HQ's.

>> Bill K9KZ

--
The opinions expressed are neither mine nor my employer's.  In fact
I don't know whose they are!
 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by Dan » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00


<snip>

Quote:> Tell your shipper to NOT use the no-signature release.  This used to be
the
> only way UPS worked, but they opt for (or default to) no-signature because
> hardly anyone is at home during the day.

> UPS is very service-oriented and if you ask, they will make good on every
> legitimate claim.  The drivers will bend over backwards for you too, if
you ask
> them for help,

Yeah, right.
 
 
 

UPS-Let's SUE THEM!!!Re: Warning About Shipping United Parcel service (UPS)

Post by Dave Stad » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00


Quote:> While needless damage can and does occur during transit, your bigger
problem is
> the shipper.  They should not be sending out anything of value with
> no-signature releases.

> Even if you receive a damaged package on your doorstep, (1) call UPS
before you
> open it or (2) call the shipper and have them initiate a claim.  Then,
too, the
> shipper might need to do a better job of packaging (like a fiberglass or
> cardboard sleeve around your antenna) so tell them about that.

> Tell your shipper to NOT use the no-signature release.  This used to be
the
> only way UPS worked, but they opt for (or default to) no-signature because
> hardly anyone is at home during the day.

> UPS is very service-oriented and if you ask, they will make good on every
> legitimate claim.  The drivers will bend over backwards for you too, if
you ask
> them for help,

They are far from a service organization and will do everything they can to
NOT
pay a legit claim.

- Show quoted text -

> (No, I don't work for them)


was
> of the opinion...

> >Have you ever tried to FIND the national address? Or anything higher than
> >the local address? They will NOT give it to you on the phone!





> >> > Several months ago UPS delivered a GAP challenger to my house, my
wife
> >was
> >> > home at the time. She said that the driver rang the door bell but by
the
> >> > time she got to the door the driver was driving off in his truck and
the
> >> > antenna was laying on the porch. When I got home from work I found
that
> >> the
> >> > shipping box was damaged, upon opening the box I found that the two
(2)
> >> > lower sections (and the thickest) were bent. It was my impression
that
> >it
> >> > took a great deal of force to bend these sections of the antenna,
almost
> >> as
> >> > if they used it to play tight rope walker.

> >> > On a second occasion several weeks later they left my brand new
Kenwood
> >> > TS-570SG on the front steps without ringing the door bell ( I was
> >home ).
> >> > There was no damage but the radio sat on the steps for several hours
> >> before
> >> > I went outside and found it.

> >> > I complained to UPS about this and ever since then the driver does
not
> >> ring
> >> > the bell or leave the item, now they just leave the yellow ticket
> >advising
> >> > me I have a package.

> >> > I for one will NOT use UPS for any of my shipping if I can help it. I
am
> >> > going to be selling some ham gear in the near future and plan to use
> >> > alternate services.

> >> > Dave
> >> > WS2L

> >> Sounds like you need to complain to the UPS national HQ's.

> >> Bill K9KZ

> --
> The opinions expressed are neither mine nor my employer's.  In fact
> I don't know whose they are!