Radio Free Speech

Radio Free Speech

Post by John Beatti » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:09:00

Radio Free Speech right now (0206 UTC) on 6950.5 AM.  I'm getting a rough
but understandable copy on the West Coast with an R8B, AD sloper and 75 foot
wire fed into an MFJ 1026.  Good luck!

John Beattie
Ventura. Ca.

--

*John Beattie*

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by Charles Hawtr » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:19:37



mumbled:

Quote:>Radio Free Speech right now (0206 UTC) on 6950.5 AM.  I'm getting a rough
>but understandable copy on the West Coast with an R8B, AD sloper and 75 foot
>wire fed into an MFJ 1026.  Good luck!

Also rough but (partially) understandable with some fading in and out,
here in the northern Great Plains.

--
I am not suffering from insanity, quite the opposite, I am enjoying
every minute of it.

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:26:53


> Radio Free Speech right now (0206 UTC) on 6950.5 AM.  I'm getting a rough
> but understandable copy on the West Coast with an R8B, AD sloper and 75 foot
> wire fed into an MFJ 1026.  Good luck!

> John Beattie
> Ventura. Ca.

> --

Running about an S9 here.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by Ken Wilso » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:15:38


Quote:

> Running about an S9 here.

> Steve
> Holland, MI
> Drake R7, R8 and R8B

I am getting a good Het at 6.950.6. 0312 UTC. I no useable audio. Right at
my noise.

Must be because I'm using a TenTec instaed of a Drake :O

A bit of humor.

73, Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:17:46




> > Running about an S9 here.

> > Steve
> > Holland, MI
> > Drake R7, R8 and R8B

> I am getting a good Het at 6.950.6. 0312 UTC. I no useable audio. Right at
> my noise.

> Must be because I'm using a TenTec instaed of a Drake :O

> A bit of humor.

Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> 73, Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by Ken Wilso » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:21:16


Quote:

> Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
> someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.


Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by Ken Wilso » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:28:33

Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

Ken




> > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
> > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.


> Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:29:28


> Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

Crummy signal and modulation, hard to tell exactly what's going on!

> Ken





> > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
> > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.


> > Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:34:45

I finally settled on some sort of intelligibility at 6950.08 USB

> Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

> Ken





> > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must be
> > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at 0317.


> > Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by Ken Wilso » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:44:50


Ken


> I finally settled on some sort of intelligibility at 6950.08 USB


> > Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

> > Ken





> > > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must
be
> > > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at
0317.


> > > Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:47:23

It would be nice if they'd ID... not a terribly big signal here. Modulation
isn't all that great either, at least from this vantage point.

> Ken



> > I finally settled on some sort of intelligibility at 6950.08 USB


> > > Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

> > > Ken





> > > > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must
> be
> > > > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at
> 0317.


> > > > Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by Ken Wilso » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:50:51

After Tom Sawyer.....More RUSH. LaVilla Strangiato....  off of the
Hemispheres album if my memory serves me correct.

This music does not sound good in SSB.

ken



> Ken



> > I finally settled on some sort of intelligibility at 6950.08 USB


> > > Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

> > > Ken





> > > > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago.
Must
> be
> > > > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at
> 0317.


> > > > Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:50:42




> It would be nice if they'd ID... not a terribly big signal here. Modulation
> isn't all that great either, at least from this vantage point.

I just checked the FRN site, no one over there seems to know who it is either.

> > Ken



> > > I finally settled on some sort of intelligibility at 6950.08 USB


> > > > Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

> > > > Ken





> > > > > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago. Must
> > be
> > > > > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at
> > 0317.


> > > > > Ken

 
 
 

Radio Free Speech

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:02:42


> After Tom Sawyer.....More RUSH. LaVilla Strangiato....  off of the
> Hemispheres album if my memory serves me correct.

> This music does not sound good in SSB.

Seems as though he left about 0357... oh well.

> ken




> > Ken



> > > I finally settled on some sort of intelligibility at 6950.08 USB


> > > > Very likely a pirate using USB. Hard to tell. Heard just music so far.

> > > > Ken





> > > > > > Taken well, but Radio Free Speech signed off quite a while ago.
> Must
> > be
> > > > > > someone else still there. Me? I'm still listening to Zimbabwe at
> > 0317.


> > > > > Ken