running speaker wire, possibly in an up down zig zag pattern on the rafters.
I checked out the web pages regarding antennas but being technically
illiterate, gleaned little from them.
Here are the questions that I have:
1. Is speaker wire okay? Should I use a different type?
2. What's the minimum distance the antenna should be away from far away from
3. If I don't have one strand which will reach, is it okay to splice the
wire on another strand? What would be the best way to do this?
4. Is a zig zag pattern a good way to lay out the antenna or should I make a
big straight loop with it? A bunch of loops? Would a horizontal zig zag be
better? Would it matter?
5. Should I have anything on the ends of the wire or leave them bare?
Any help you can give me will be greatly apprechiated.