Thunderstorm Season

Thunderstorm Season

Post by N8KD » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 06:55:55

Thunderstorm season seems to be starting early this year. Currently have
some cells moving across Lake Michigan, kicking up a bit of a racket on
the MW band as I listen to WLS 890 (50 kw blowtorch) in Chicago.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by Maximu » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 07:46:40


Good Luck !

Strength and Honor


Quote:> Thunderstorm season seems to be starting early this year. Currently have
> some cells moving across Lake Michigan, kicking up a bit of a racket on
> the MW band as I listen to WLS 890 (50 kw blowtorch) in Chicago.

> Steve
> Holland, MI
> Drake R7, R8 and R8B

> http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by N8KD » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:13:04


> Good Luck !

Thanks, the storms are about half way across the lake now. I thought they
might dissipate after hitting the colder water, but it doesn't seem to have
hurt them too much at this time.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/radar/radblast.asp?ID=GRR®ion=a4...

> Strength and Honor



> > Thunderstorm season seems to be starting early this year. Currently have
> > some cells moving across Lake Michigan, kicking up a bit of a racket on
> > the MW band as I listen to WLS 890 (50 kw blowtorch) in Chicago.

> > Steve
> > Holland, MI
> > Drake R7, R8 and R8B

> > http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by Michael Mellan » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:39:00

More on the way..... one going East through Oshkosh, WI area now....

--
Michael Melland, W9WIS
Winneconne, WI USA
http://webpages.charter.net/w9wis

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by N8KD » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:39:40


> More on the way..... one going East through Oshkosh, WI area now....

Gonna be a noisy night I fear.
Quote:

> --
> Michael Melland, W9WIS
> Winneconne, WI USA
> http://webpages.charter.net/w9wis

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by Jim Dougla » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:45:20

Ten years ago there were monster thunder storms here in Dallas, I mean these
bad boys would last for 6+ hours. Not many like that anymore, still bad, but
typically they blow through in an hour or so. I have two different neighbors
that have been hit, in their backyards and both incidents destroyed pretty
much everything electronic in the house.  I now unplug my antenna if the
storms are close.


Quote:> Thunderstorm season seems to be starting early this year. Currently have
> some cells moving across Lake Michigan, kicking up a bit of a racket on
> the MW band as I listen to WLS 890 (50 kw blowtorch) in Chicago.

> Steve
> Holland, MI
> Drake R7, R8 and R8B

> http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by N8KD » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 08:48:17


> Ten years ago there were monster thunder storms here in Dallas, I mean these
> bad boys would last for 6+ hours. Not many like that anymore, still bad, but
> typically they blow through in an hour or so. I have two different neighbors
> that have been hit, in their backyards and both incidents destroyed pretty
> much everything electronic in the house.  I now unplug my antenna if the
> storms are close.

All the antennas here are unplugged. About to roll a few smokes and step outside
to watch it roll in. Should hit the shore here in just a bit.



> > Thunderstorm season seems to be starting early this year. Currently have
> > some cells moving across Lake Michigan, kicking up a bit of a racket on
> > the MW band as I listen to WLS 890 (50 kw blowtorch) in Chicago.

> > Steve
> > Holland, MI
> > Drake R7, R8 and R8B

> > http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by Burr » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 10:52:12


> All the antennas here are unplugged. About to roll a few smokes and step outside
> to watch it roll in. Should hit the shore here in just a bit.

Steve,
        Do you smoke?

        Bad boy, bad Steve. Go to your room with out dinner.

Burr

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by N8KD » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:05:01



> > All the antennas here are unplugged. About to roll a few smokes and step outside
> > to watch it roll in. Should hit the shore here in just a bit.

> Steve,
>         Do you smoke?

>         Bad boy, bad Steve. Go to your room with out dinner.

> Burr

I sure do. About a pack a day of my own home rolled brand.

Beats Camel's.

 
 
 

Thunderstorm Season

Post by Diverd47 » Wed, 03 Mar 2004 11:14:36


writes:

Quote:

>All the antennas here are unplugged. About to roll a few smokes and step
>outside
>to watch it roll in. Should hit the shore here in just a bit.

Kind of cool to watch it all hit...If you're in a safe place..