Sangean ATS909???

Sangean ATS909???

Post by KE4Z » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

Just wonderin' if anyone has had the chance to play with the
Sangean ATS909. I wonder if it will follow in the path of past
Sangean Radios that are ok but not Great...From what I have seen,
It has everything but some form of Sync. detect. If anybody hears
anything, Please let me know...
Thanx,
Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR
Proud Member: N. Carolina Tarheel Scanner/Shortwave Group
Proud Member: Carolinas Fire Page: CFP 714
Proud AOR AR8000 and BC3000xlt owner....

 
 
 

Sangean ATS909???

Post by David B. Lecti » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00


The ad for this radio in Pop Communication says it st SSB capable, but
I could not tell if it has a sync detector.

Regards,
David

Quote:>Just wonderin' if anyone has had the chance to play with the
>Sangean ATS909. I wonder if it will follow in the path of past
>Sangean Radios that are ok but not Great...From what I have seen,
>It has everything but some form of Sync. detect. If anybody hears
>anything, Please let me know...
>Thanx,
>Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR
>Proud Member: N. Carolina Tarheel Scanner/Shortwave Group
>Proud Member: Carolinas Fire Page: CFP 714
>Proud AOR AR8000 and BC3000xlt owner....

---------------------------------------------------
If its not VRML its not really >reality<
 
 
 

Sangean ATS909???

Post by Gerald Brenn » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I was hoping for a decent replacement for my 803a, but the dimensions of
the new one, 8.5 x 6 I think, are too small. The 803 sounds tinny enough
without the audio becoming (presumably) even worse.
        Better start saving for that Grundig 700...

Gerry

 
 
 

Sangean ATS909???

Post by PageO » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00



The latest Universal Radio catalog just says it has wide-narrow filtering and
SSB in 40khz steps using fine tuning but no mention of sync detecting.

Neil Douglas

Quote:

>The ad for this radio in Pop Communication says it st SSB capable, but
>I could not tell if it has a sync detector.

>Regards,
>David

>>Just wonderin' if anyone has had the chance to play with the
>>Sangean ATS909. I wonder if it will follow in the path of past
>>Sangean Radios that are ok but not Great...From what I have seen,
>>It has everything but some form of Sync. detect. If anybody hears
>>anything, Please let me know...
>>Thanx,
>>Marshall Sherard KE4ZNR
>>Proud Member: N. Carolina Tarheel Scanner/Shortwave Group
>>Proud Member: Carolinas Fire Page: CFP 714
>>Proud AOR AR8000 and BC3000xlt owner....

>---------------------------------------------------
>If its not VRML its not really >reality<

 
 
 

Sangean ATS909???

Post by David B. Lecti » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I did see a newer ad which said USB/LSB SSB select. Still don't know
if that means a sync detector.

I've seen large speakers with bad sound, and some small speakers with
good sound, so I would decide after hearing the radio, not just by the
size of the radio.

Regards,
David


>I was hoping for a decent replacement for my 803a, but the dimensions of
>the new one, 8.5 x 6 I think, are too small. The 803 sounds tinny enough
>without the audio becoming (presumably) even worse.
>    Better start saving for that Grundig 700...

>Gerry

---------------------------------------------------
If its not VRML its not really >reality<
 
 
 

Sangean ATS909???

Post by jinl.. » Fri, 07 Jun 1996 04:00:00

No sync detector on the 909.

 
 
 

Sangean ATS909???

Post by Jeff Goldma » Fri, 14 Jun 1996 04:00:00

That's just a switch to select between USB and LSB.