SWL Log rqrd

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Ian Brickwoo » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi all
 Can any one advise on a suitable logging programme for a DOS only
machine.
 Thanks
--
Ian Brickwood

 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Don War » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00




Quote:>Hi all
> Can any one advise on a suitable logging programme for a DOS only
>machine.
> Thanks

Look on my web site at "http://come.to/g0mdo" for two SWL programs.

EasiSWL for ham logging, and LISTEN for broadcast logging. This last is
now free, help yourself and good luck.

Don Ward G0MDO

 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by David Tost » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Take a look at my program called SWLOGit at the following address:

http://www.interlog.com/~saturn

Still working on the Windows95 version.


> Hi all
>  Can any one advise on a suitable logging programme for a DOS only
> machine.
>  Thanks
> --
> Ian Brickwood


--
 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by John P Core » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00


> Hi all
>  Can any one advise on a suitable logging programme for a DOS only
> machine.
>  Thanks

Here's a nice logbook program for DOS I wrote a few years ago. Check it
out !

http://www.monmouth.com/~jcorea/cswl.html

--

                 http://www.monmouth.com/~jcorea/index.html

 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Curtis M LaFo » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00




> >Hi all
> > Can any one advise on a suitable logging programme for a DOS only
> >machine.
> > Thanks
> Look on my web site at "http://come.to/g0mdo" for two SWL programs.

> EasiSWL for ham logging, and LISTEN for broadcast logging. This last is
> now free, help yourself and good luck.

> Don Ward G0MDO

I hereby propose that SWLers should be required to keep a kog of the
station they listen to. We don't wand a bunch illegal signal sapping going
on.

--
Curtis .. N5HDQ .. http://wf.quik.com/n5hdq
--------------------------
Todd Little said:
" 5 WPM is either no-code or know-code, and if it's the latter, why
 wouldn't 1 WPM or 1 WPD be sufficient?  What's clear is that
 you can't have it both ways."
This is why some of us pro coders are against changing  the code
requirement. It seems some people don't want to compromise,
it's all or nothing with them.

 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Don War » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:

>I hereby propose that SWLers should be required to keep a kog of the
>station they listen to. We don't wand a bunch illegal signal sapping going
>on.

>--
>Curtis .. N5HDQ .. http://wf.quik.com/n5hdq

What's a kog?

Don Ward G0MDO

 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Adam Trent Philli » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00



<EDITED>
>> Don Ward G0MDO

>I hereby propose that SWLers should be required to keep a log of the
>station they listen to. We don't wand a bunch illegal signal sapping going
>on.

        I hope that you aren't serious.

Quote:

>--
>Curtis .. N5HDQ .. http://wf.quik.com/n5hdq
>--------------------------
>Todd Little said:
>" 5 WPM is either no-code or know-code, and if it's the latter, why
> wouldn't 1 WPM or 1 WPD be sufficient?  What's clear is that
> you can't have it both ways."
>This is why some of us pro coders are against changing  the code
>requirement. It seems some people don't want to compromise,
>it's all or nothing with them.

        If you are not serious, please ignore the following...

        I find it funny that someone from the world of Ham radio, a hobby
in the midst of what one could only call a civil war over Morse code, feels
that they could tell SWL's how to ply their hobby.

        There was a time when Ham radio was on they very cutting edge of
the radio hobbies. More than one antenna system used by an SWL was first
developed by Ham operators, along with other contributions to SWLing that
has been imported from Ham radio. I can credit my late father (Mark E.
Phillips, WB8ETH) getting me into radio by letting me read his books on Ham
radio.

        The the small elements, that at the beginning (such as the ARRL)
even opposed the application of superhet. receivers and Single Sideband,
have gotten a stronger voice over the years. Their voices have gotten so
much stronger that in the earliest stages of the 21st century, one will
have to have a 10wpm Morse speed to have any serious access to the HF bands
for two way communications.

        While some of you are getting ready to enter the 21st century
fighting to preserve buggy whips, please clean up your own house before you
even think about making suggestions about ours.

        Like I said, if you where joking, please ignore this.

        If you where serious, then please, heed my advice.

--
 Member of the Signal Surfer DX Club, check out our web site at our NEW URL:
                       http://www.swl.net/signal


 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Don War » Thu, 26 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>>I hereby propose that SWLers should be required to keep a log of the
>>station they listen to. We don't wand a bunch illegal signal sapping going
>>on.

Please don't credit me with this rubbish, it was N5HDQ.
--
Don Ward G0MDO
 
 
 

SWL Log rqrd

Post by Adam Trent Philli » Sun, 29 Mar 1998 04:00:00


<EDITED>

Quote:>Please don't credit me with this rubbish, it was N5HDQ.
>--
>Don Ward G0MDO

        Sorry if you got credited for what you didn't write.

--
 Member of the Signal Surfer DX Club, check out our web site at our NEW URL:
                       http://www.swl.net/signal