KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Bobb » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:02:07

6925 USB, at 00:55 utc

Reception pretty good for me here in AZ, about the same as last night.

--
Bobby Alexander

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by DXLOVER5747388 » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 10:26:17


I've never heard anything but a strong signal here in Cincinnati.
 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Joe » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:02:43

Whats this about ? All I hear is B.S and weird music.
Long Island 10:02 PM EST

>6925 USB, at 00:55 utc

>Reception pretty good for me here in AZ, about the same as last night.

>--
>Bobby Alexander


 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by CW » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:13:03

It's about B.S. an weird music. It's a pirate station, that's what they
generally do.
--
CW
KC7NOD
Web Page  http://www.kc7nod.20m.com


Quote:> Whats this about ? All I hear is B.S and weird music.
> Long Island 10:02 PM EST

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Jim and Sue Baris » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:18:27

Spooky music...weird stories...I think I found my favorite SW station!!

Loud and clear on the south shore of Long Island, New York.  6925 USB at
0316 UTC.

73!

Jim
KC2IUG


> It's about B.S. an weird music. It's a pirate station, that's what they
> generally do.
> --
> CW
> KC7NOD
> Web Page  http://www.kc7nod.20m.com



> > Whats this about ? All I hear is B.S and weird music.
> > Long Island 10:02 PM EST

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Fcathe » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:22:34

20+ here in Tucson with more bizarre stories.  (FRG-8800 with 90' Windom)

Frank

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Jeff Sante » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 12:47:00

Quote:> 20+ here in Tucson with more bizarre stories.  (FRG-8800 with 90' Windom)

   This guy on KIPM has got to be on ***.

Jeff

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Marc Jutra » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:06:11



> 6925 USB, at 00:55 utc

> Reception pretty good for me here in AZ, about the same as last night.

> --
> Bobby Alexander


I can barely hear them here in Montreal (0350-0405 UTC).  Of course, being
indoors with only a whip antenna can't help.  My YB 400PE's meter indicates
a signal of 2/5.  I can tell when there's talking or music but it's very
faint.  I'll probably have more luck next time with my future outdoor
antenna.

--
Newbie SWL from Montreal (QC), Canada
Appartment dweller with Grundig YB 400 PE

For email, remove NOSPAM from domain.

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Marc Jutra » Mon, 31 Dec 2001 13:39:08





> > 6925 USB, at 00:55 utc

> > Reception pretty good for me here in AZ, about the same as last night.

> > --
> > Bobby Alexander

> I can barely hear them here in Montreal (0350-0405 UTC).  Of course, being
> indoors with only a whip antenna can't help.  My YB 400PE's meter
indicates
> a signal of 2/5.  I can tell when there's talking or music but it's very
> faint.  I'll probably have more luck next time with my future outdoor
> antenna.

 I decided to take the reel-in wire antenna (7m) out.  I extended it across
the appartment.  With it, the signal went up to 3/5 and I was able to
understand parts of the speech.  Really can't wait to setup the outdoor
antenna...

--
Newbie SWL from Montreal (QC), Canada
Appartment dweller with Grundig YB 400 PE

For email, remove NOSPAM from domain.

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by ninja500 » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 04:47:55

This guy is far from stupid. If he's on ***, they're doing him a pretty
good job.

I liked the story about the guy that kept getting smaller and smaller and
visiting new worlds. Very strange, but also very creative.


Quote:>    This guy on KIPM has got to be on ***.

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by A. Christian Smit » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 06:15:06



Quote:> This guy is far from stupid. If he's on ***, they're doing him a pretty
> good job.

> I liked the story about the guy that kept getting smaller and smaller and
> visiting new worlds. Very strange, but also very creative.

I don1t think he's on ***... He just presents a different form of
entertainment... Either you get it or your don't!

Either way, don't forget to send in your reception report, I can vouch for
the great quality of the QSL cards... And if you throw in a few bucks, don't
be surprised if you find a CD or two of studio quality programs!

Regards,

acs

----------------

Washington State SWL  *  (((Powered by Macintosh OS X)))
Twirling The Dial Since '92 - Modified DX-398 - 100' Random
My shortwave radio homepage: http://www.redwaveradio.com/
Western WA SW Audio: http://www.redwaveradio.com/

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Ross Arch » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 07:18:00


Quote:> Spooky music...weird stories...I think I found my favorite SW station!!

> Loud and clear on the south shore of Long Island, New York.  6925 USB at
> 0316 UTC.

> 73!

[Off to see if it's still on]

Yeah, creative original stuff.  Considering the bland mediocrity of
mass-media, you have to wonder -- would it REALLY kill the FCC if they
set aside a few "enforcement-free" frequency zones like 6920-6960,
considering the flagrant, much wider, and ignored illegal CB operations?

I mean, you'd get a ticket for a dirty signal, but no ticket for simply
broadcasting.  Why not?  Why not give the people some airwaves?

> Jim
> KC2IUG


> > It's about B.S. an weird music. It's a pirate station, that's what they
> > generally do.
> > --
> > CW
> > KC7NOD
> > Web Page  http://www.kc7nod.20m.com



> > > Whats this about ? All I hear is B.S and weird music.
> > > Long Island 10:02 PM EST

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Peter Mau » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 07:40:30



> > Spooky music...weird stories...I think I found my favorite SW station!!

> > Loud and clear on the south shore of Long Island, New York.  6925 USB at
> > 0316 UTC.

> > 73!

> [Off to see if it's still on]

> Yeah, creative original stuff.  Considering the bland mediocrity of
> mass-media, you have to wonder -- would it REALLY kill the FCC if they
> set aside a few "enforcement-free" frequency zones like 6920-6960,
> considering the flagrant, much wider, and ignored illegal CB operations?

> I mean, you'd get a ticket for a dirty signal, but no ticket for simply
> broadcasting.  Why not?  Why not give the people some airwaves?

  Because then you'd get diverse opinions, widely distributed.

  And as well all know....you can't have THAT in this country.

  p

- Show quoted text -

> > Jim
> > KC2IUG


> > > It's about B.S. an weird music. It's a pirate station, that's what they
> > > generally do.
> > > --
> > > CW
> > > KC7NOD
> > > Web Page  http://www.kc7nod.20m.com



> > > > Whats this about ? All I hear is B.S and weird music.
> > > > Long Island 10:02 PM EST

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Remove The NO In The Reply Addres » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 07:48:00



> > Spooky music...weird stories...I think I found my favorite SW station!!

> > Loud and clear on the south shore of Long Island, New York.  6925 USB at
> > 0316 UTC.

> > 73!

> [Off to see if it's still on]

> Yeah, creative original stuff.  Considering the bland mediocrity of
> mass-media, you have to wonder -- would it REALLY kill the FCC if they
> set aside a few "enforcement-free" frequency zones like 6920-6960,
> considering the flagrant, much wider, and ignored illegal CB operations?

> I mean, you'd get a ticket for a dirty signal, but no ticket for simply
> broadcasting.  Why not?  Why not give the people some airwaves?

> > Jim
> > KC2IUG

I have to agree with this because Maxwell is obviously a talented guy
with something to offer.  Not everybody is suited to find their niche in
radio these days by the old "sweeping the floor until there is an
opening at the local Country station" concept.  In contrast to him, the
other pirate activity is no more than 'kids getting used to a microphone
for the first time'.
I think the art of quality niche programming should be encouraged,
especially in contrast to the sat-fed hell that many stations throw
their soul into until they go dark.
I say give them (the pirates) a little band where they can stretch their
wings...that doesn't hurt anybody.  Give the Free-banders up to 28.000
Maybe the FCC does that in a quiet way since neither Maxwell or the Nut
In Kentucky or any Freebander has ever suffered any FCC intradiction.
I, on the other hand as a licensed ham, got cited for splattering on
14274.5 (500 Hz out of band as a General Class) when I was operating on
14276 USB with my old sloppy Hammarlund xmtr.  My first Nebraska QSL!
(Grand Island Monitoring Station).

-Bill

 
 
 

KIPM on again tonight, 6925 USB

Post by Richard McCollu » Tue, 01 Jan 2002 07:57:53

Quote:

> I have to agree with this because Maxwell is obviously a talented guy
> with something to offer.  Not everybody is suited to find their niche in
> radio these days by the old "sweeping the floor until there is an
> opening at the local Country station" concept.  In contrast to him, the
> other pirate activity is no more than 'kids getting used to a microphone
> for the first time'.
> I think the art of quality niche programming should be encouraged,
> especially in contrast to the sat-fed hell that many stations throw
> their soul into until they go dark.
> I say give them (the pirates) a little band where they can stretch their
> wings...that doesn't hurt anybody.  Give the Free-banders up to 28.000
> Maybe the FCC does that in a quiet way since neither Maxwell or the Nut
> In Kentucky or any Freebander has ever suffered any FCC intradiction.
> I, on the other hand as a licensed ham, got cited for splattering on
> 14274.5 (500 Hz out of band as a General Class) when I was operating on
> 14276 USB with my old sloppy Hammarlund xmtr.  My first Nebraska QSL!
> (Grand Island Monitoring Station).

I agree that anything that is an improvement on Clear Channel should get
some room although I doubt CC is of the same opinion.

That had to have been a while, Grand Island has been closed a lot of
years.  BTW it was used in 1940 to track U-Boats (GI and Berlin are close
to equal range to the mid-Atlantic).  They could range them within a
square mile then.  Poop went out on the cable and was sent from RN Bermuda
to cover our involvment.

At least your QSL didn't go boom.

Dick N?BK Omaha

- Show quoted text -

Quote:> -Bill