? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by RHF » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 19:02:44

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

WHRI Transmitter "Angel 2"
http://www.whri.com/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel2
Transmitter Location : Cypress Creek, South Carolina USA
http://www.whri.com/Technical-Information.cfm

Deutsche Welle on 9.425 Mhz
1000 - 1100 UTC ~ 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

Deutsche Welle on 9.425 Mhz
1100 - 1200 UTC ~ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

BBC World Services on 9.410 Mhz
1200 - 1300 UTC ~ 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr

Deutsche Welle on 17.820 Mhz
2200 - 2300 UTC ~ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

Deutsche Welle on 17.820 Mhz
2300 - 0000 UTC ~ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
 .
WHRI - http://www.whri.com

 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by dave » Sat, 13 Jun 2009 21:22:15



> ? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Those'r the old Christian Science Monitor transmitters, aren't they?
You do realize very few people listen to HF broadcast these days.  Seems
like a massive waste of electricity.  Reminds me of giant alternators
sending Morse code across the Atlantic.  Quaint.
 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by Boobl » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 00:55:53



> > ? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

> Those'r the old Christian Science Monitor transmitters, aren't they?
> You do realize very few people listen to HF broadcast these days. Seems
> like a massive waste of electricity. Reminds me of giant alternators
> sending Morse code across the Atlantic. Quaint.

That is true for the US, but many millions still listen in Europe,
Asia, Africa...
 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by dave » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 01:55:39




>>> ? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?
>> Those'r the old Christian Science Monitor transmitters, aren't they?
>> You do realize very few people listen to HF broadcast these days. Seems
>> like a massive waste of electricity. Reminds me of giant alternators
>> sending Morse code across the Atlantic. Quaint.

> That is true for the US, but many millions still listen in Europe,
> Asia, Africa...

No they don't.  They listen to FM and web streams like the rest of the
world.  Maybe a few Pacific Islanders without broadband, but not a
significant audience anywhere anymore.

There's plenty to enjoy about shortwave, but listening to religious
crazies ain't part of it.

www.pskreporter.info

 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by ~ RH » Mon, 15 Jun 2009 02:36:38





> >>> ? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?
> >> Those'r the old Christian Science Monitor transmitters, aren't they?
> >> You do realize very few people listen to HF broadcast these days. Seems
> >> like a massive waste of electricity. Reminds me of giant alternators
> >> sending Morse code across the Atlantic. Quaint.

> > That is true for the US, but many millions still listen in Europe,
> > Asia, Africa...

> No they don't. ?They listen to FM and web streams like the rest of the
> world. ?Maybe a few Pacific Islanders without broadband, but not a
> significant audience anywhere anymore.

> There's plenty to enjoy about shortwave, but listening to religious
> crazies ain't part of it.

> www.pskreporter.info

D'Oh ! - Dave the 'topic' was {is} Deutsche Welle
and BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio :

NOT  "Religious Crazies" -but- Dave coming from
you calling everyone a 'religious crazy' just comes
out absurdly natural. ~ RHF

-=Note=- Confirmed Deutsche Welle is on WHRI
in German and can be heard on 17,820 kHz.

TBD - BBC World Service on WHRI in ?English? on 9,410 kHz

WHRI Transmitter "Angel 2"
http://www.whri.com/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel2
Transmitter Location : Cypress Creek, South Carolina USA
http://www.whri.com/Technical-Information.cfm

Deutsche Welle {German?} on 9.425 Mhz
1000 - 1100 UTC ~ 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

Deutsche Welle {German?} on 9.425 Mhz
1100 - 1200 UTC ~ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

BBC World Services {English?} on 9.410 Mhz
1200 - 1300 UTC ~ 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr

Deutsche Welle {German} on 17.820 Mhz
2200 - 2300 UTC ~ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
-=Note=- Confirmed Deutsche Welle is on WHRI
in German and can be heard on 17,820 kHz.

Deutsche Welle {German} on 17.820 Mhz
2300 - 0000 UTC ~ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT
Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
-=Note=- Confirmed Deutsche Welle WHRI
in German and can be heard on 17,820 kHz.
 .
WHRI - http://www.whri.com
 .

 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by ~ RH » Tue, 16 Jun 2009 03:48:36






> > >>> ? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?
> > >> Those'r the old Christian Science Monitor transmitters, aren't they?
> > >> You do realize very few people listen to HF broadcast these days. Seems
> > >> like a massive waste of electricity. Reminds me of giant alternators
> > >> sending Morse code across the Atlantic. Quaint.

> > > That is true for the US, but many millions still listen in Europe,
> > > Asia, Africa...

> > No they don't. ?They listen to FM and web streams like the rest of the
> > world. ?Maybe a few Pacific Islanders without broadband, but not a
> > significant audience anywhere anymore.

> > There's plenty to enjoy about shortwave, but listening to religious
> > crazies ain't part of it.

> >www.pskreporter.info

> D'Oh ! - Dave the 'topic' was {is} Deutsche Welle
> and BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio :

> NOT ?"Religious Crazies" -but- Dave coming from
> you calling everyone a 'religious crazy' just comes
> out absurdly natural. ~ RHF

> -=Note=- Confirmed Deutsche Welle is on WHRI
> in German and can be heard on 17,820 kHz.

> TBD - BBC World Service on WHRI in ?English? on 9,410 kHz

> WHRI Transmitter "Angel 2"
> http://www.whri.com/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel2
> Transmitter Location : Cypress Creek, South Carolina USA
> http://www.whri.com/Technical-Information.cfm

> Deutsche Welle {German?} on 9.425 Mhz
> 1000 - 1100 UTC ~ 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

> Deutsche Welle {German?} on 9.425 Mhz
> 1100 - 1200 UTC ~ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

 .
- BBC World Services {English?} on 9.410 Mhz
- 1200 - 1300 UTC ~ 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
- Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr {Week Days}
 .
'No' BBC-World Service on the weekends, but  . .
  .

heard "DXing with Cumbre"
http://www.whri.com/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel2
* Featuring "Pirating with Cumbre"
Radio Report with Chris Lobdell
* "Thinking Man Radio" Audio Clip
* "Blue Ridge" Radio Audio Clip
 .
DXing with Cumbre [Podcast]
Home of the DXing with Cumbre Radio Show and Podcast.
-host- Marie Lamb
http://cdxpodcast.ralabs.com/
 .

- Show quoted text -

Quote:> Deutsche Welle {German} on 17.820 Mhz
> 2200 - 2300 UTC ~ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
> -=Note=- Confirmed Deutsche Welle is on WHRI
> in German and can be heard on 17,820 kHz.

> Deutsche Welle {German} on 17.820 Mhz
> 2300 - 0000 UTC ~ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
> -=Note=- Confirmed Deutsche Welle WHRI
> in German and can be heard on 17,820 kHz.
> ?.
> WHRI -http://www.whri.com
> ?.

 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by ~ RH » Wed, 17 Jun 2009 02:31:21


Quote:> ? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

> WHRI Transmitter "Angel 2"http://www.whri.com/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel2
> Transmitter Location : Cypress Creek, South Carolina USAhttp://www.whri.com/Technical-Information.cfm

> Deutsche Welle on 9.425 Mhz
> 1000 - 1100 UTC ~ 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

> Deutsche Welle on 9.425 Mhz
> 1100 - 1200 UTC ~ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

-
- BBC World Services on 9.410 Mhz
- 1200 - 1300 UTC ~ 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
- Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr

WHRI on 9,410 kHz
BBC World Services {English?}
12:00 - 13:00 UTC
Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr {Week Days}
EDT 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
PDT 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM

'No' BBC-World Service on the Monday 6/15
heard Spanish and Chinese but no English.

~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -usa-
 .

Quote:

> Deutsche Welle on 17.820 Mhz
> 2200 - 2300 UTC ~ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

> Deutsche Welle on 17.820 Mhz
> 2300 - 0000 UTC ~ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
> Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
> ?.
> WHRI -http://www.whri.com

 
 
 

? Deutsche Welle & BBC World Service on WHRI Shortwave Radio ?

Post by ~ RH » Fri, 19 Jun 2009 23:12:53

WHRI on 9,410 kHz
BBC World Services {English?}
12:00 - 13:00 UTC
Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr {Week Days}
EDT 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
PDT 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM

OK so I did hear the BBC World Service in English
via the WHRI website's Streaming Audio.

But 'No' BBC-World Service on the Thursday 6/18
9410 - 1200-1300 - USA WHRI World Harvest R.2 - E - NAm

 .
What I did hear on the Radio was Chinese
[CRI / RTI] but no BBC-WS English.
9410 - 0955-2200 - CHN China National Radio 5 - M - CHN - b
9410 - 1100-1300 - TWN Fu Hsing Bc.Sta. - M - FE

 .
D'Oh ! - Why would the BBC-WS use the same
Frequency at the same Time broadcasting to
the same region [NA & Caribbean]
9410 - 1200-1300 Mo-Fr G - BBC - S - Car - /USA-c

HELLO - BBC-WS English change the WHRI
9410 kHz Frequency to 9425 kHz which is the
same Frequency that WHRI uses for DW from
10:00-12:00 UTC and don't Jam yourself in
Spanish on 9410 kHz.
-or- Move to WHRI's 9840 kHz Frequency which
is used after the 12:00-13:00 UTC Time slot.

idtars ~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA -usa-
 .


> > WHRI Transmitter "Angel 2"http://www.whri.com/customcf/dsp_schedule_read.cfm?Search=Angel2
> > Transmitter Location : Cypress Creek, South Carolina USAhttp://www.whri.com/Technical-Information.cfm

> > Deutsche Welle on 9.425 Mhz
> > 1000 - 1100 UTC ~ 6:00 AM - 7:00 AM EDT
> > Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

> > Deutsche Welle on 9.425 Mhz
> > 1100 - 1200 UTC ~ 7:00 AM - 8:00 AM EDT
> > Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

> -
> - BBC World Services on 9.410 Mhz
> - 1200 - 1300 UTC ~ 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM EDT
> - Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr

> WHRI on 9,410 kHz
> BBC World Services {English?}
> 12:00 - 13:00 UTC
> Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr {Week Days}
> EDT 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
> PDT 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM

> 'No' BBC-World Service on the Monday 6/15
> heard Spanish and Chinese but no English.

> ~ RHF
> Twain Harte, CA -usa-
> ?.

> > Deutsche Welle on 17.820 Mhz
> > 2200 - 2300 UTC ~ 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM EDT
> > Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa

> > Deutsche Welle on 17.820 Mhz
> > 2300 - 0000 UTC ~ 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
> > Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa
> > ?.
> > WHRI -http://www.whri.com