Introduction of a new member

Introduction of a new member

Post by oa » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:21:42

Dear members,
I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
of dxing. Thus, I want to introduce my poorself to the group. Please
forgive my errors in English.

I am 34 and have been listening to shortwave broadcasts since early
80s. I  live in Istanbul, Turkey. My favorite was listening to pirate
radios and radio liberty broadcasts to central asia. In cold war
years, there were so many pirate radios targeting Turkey. Recently, as
far as I know, there is no pirate station on SW os MW in Turkish. I
think it
is because of more freedom of express we have nowadays. Almost every
opininon can be declared easily in newspapers, private radios stations
etc. when
compered with 80s. Probably, that's one of the reasons why the number
of shortwave broadcasters decreases all over the world, more widely
accepted "freedom". Another reason is the ideas and ideologies of the
people are not completely different, again when compered with 80s.
Hence, they don't burn with the desire to declare their own ideas. So
far,
Capitalism won the war and the need to long distance shortwave
broadcasts decreased:) (an example: A unique interpretation of
communism lived in Albania before the collapse of communism and radio
Tirana had a very powerful 3-4 hours of daily radio broadcast  in
Turkish which could be listened all over Turkey like a local radio.
Now, R. Tirana broadcasts in Turkish is for 30 minitues. Because, they
don't have different things to tell to the world...

Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
visiter since the first day I have found it.
Regards, Oan.

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by craig » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 07:56:55


Oan,

Welcome to the group and Thank You for the perspective on SW.

craigm


Quote:> Dear members,
> I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
> radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
> of dxing. Thus, I want to introduce my poorself to the group. Please
> forgive my errors in English.

> I am 34 and have been listening to shortwave broadcasts since early
> 80s. I  live in Istanbul, Turkey. My favorite was listening to pirate
> radios and radio liberty broadcasts to central asia. In cold war
> years, there were so many pirate radios targeting Turkey. Recently, as
> far as I know, there is no pirate station on SW os MW in Turkish. I
> think it
> is because of more freedom of express we have nowadays. Almost every
> opininon can be declared easily in newspapers, private radios stations
> etc. when
> compered with 80s. Probably, that's one of the reasons why the number
> of shortwave broadcasters decreases all over the world, more widely
> accepted "freedom". Another reason is the ideas and ideologies of the
> people are not completely different, again when compered with 80s.
> Hence, they don't burn with the desire to declare their own ideas. So
> far,
> Capitalism won the war and the need to long distance shortwave
> broadcasts decreased:) (an example: A unique interpretation of
> communism lived in Albania before the collapse of communism and radio
> Tirana had a very powerful 3-4 hours of daily radio broadcast  in
> Turkish which could be listened all over Turkey like a local radio.
> Now, R. Tirana broadcasts in Turkish is for 30 minitues. Because, they
> don't have different things to tell to the world...

> Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
> visiter since the first day I have found it.
> Regards, Oan.

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Sanjay » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 08:36:38

Quote:"oan" wrote...
> Dear members,
> I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
> radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
> of dxing.

[snip]

It is our pleasure to have you join : )

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Diverd47 » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:17:09

Oan, Welcome.

It's always good to have new people join the group.
What kind of shortwave radio do you have
and
what type of antenna are you using ??

Dan



>Dear members,
>I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
>radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
>of dxing. Thus, I want to introduce my poorself to the group. Please
>forgive my errors in English.

>I am 34 and have been listening to shortwave broadcasts since early
>80s. I  live in Istanbul, Turkey. My favorite was listening to pirate
>radios and radio liberty broadcasts to central asia. In cold war
>years, there were so many pirate radios targeting Turkey. Recently, as
>far as I know, there is no pirate station on SW os MW in Turkish. I
>think it
>is because of more freedom of express we have nowadays. Almost every
>opininon can be declared easily in newspapers, private radios stations
>etc. when
>compered with 80s. Probably, that's one of the reasons why the number
>of shortwave broadcasters decreases all over the world, more widely
>accepted "freedom". Another reason is the ideas and ideologies of the
>people are not completely different, again when compered with 80s.
>Hence, they don't burn with the desire to declare their own ideas. So
>far,
>Capitalism won the war and the need to long distance shortwave
>broadcasts decreased:) (an example: A unique interpretation of
>communism lived in Albania before the collapse of communism and radio
>Tirana had a very powerful 3-4 hours of daily radio broadcast  in
>Turkish which could be listened all over Turkey like a local radio.
>Now, R. Tirana broadcasts in Turkish is for 30 minitues. Because, they
>don't have different things to tell to the world...

>Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
>visiter since the first day I have found it.
>Regards, Oan.

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Diverd47 » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 10:19:39

Oan, Welcome.

It's always good to have new people join the group.
What kind of shortwave radio do you have
and
what type of antenna are you using ??

Dan



>Dear members,
>I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
>radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
>of dxing. Thus, I want to introduce my poorself to the group. Please
>forgive my errors in English.

>I am 34 and have been listening to shortwave broadcasts since early
>80s. I  live in Istanbul, Turkey. My favorite was listening to pirate
>radios and radio liberty broadcasts to central asia. In cold war
>years, there were so many pirate radios targeting Turkey. Recently, as
>far as I know, there is no pirate station on SW os MW in Turkish. I
>think it
>is because of more freedom of express we have nowadays. Almost every
>opininon can be declared easily in newspapers, private radios stations
>etc. when
>compered with 80s. Probably, that's one of the reasons why the number
>of shortwave broadcasters decreases all over the world, more widely
>accepted "freedom". Another reason is the ideas and ideologies of the
>people are not completely different, again when compered with 80s.
>Hence, they don't burn with the desire to declare their own ideas. So
>far,
>Capitalism won the war and the need to long distance shortwave
>broadcasts decreased:) (an example: A unique interpretation of
>communism lived in Albania before the collapse of communism and radio
>Tirana had a very powerful 3-4 hours of daily radio broadcast  in
>Turkish which could be listened all over Turkey like a local radio.
>Now, R. Tirana broadcasts in Turkish is for 30 minitues. Because, they
>don't have different things to tell to the world...

>Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
>visiter since the first day I have found it.
>Regards, Oan.

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Brian Denle » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:21:33


> Dear members,
> Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
> visiter since the first day I have found it.
> Regards, Oan.

Nice to meet you!

--
Brian Denley
Boston MA USA
http://home.comcast.net/~b.denley/index.html

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Melvin Cre » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 15:32:22


> Dear members,
> I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
> radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
> of dxing. Thus, I want to introduce my poorself to the group. Please
> forgive my errors in English.

> Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
> visiter since the first day I have found it.
> Regards, Oan.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Oan:
 What was the final tally of Armenians you Turks ***ed in the
holocaust nobody ever hears about? I've heard millions but never an
exact figure. What is the official government number? Thanks.
Melvin
P.S. Are you Muslim? If so, as spokesman for the shortwave listening
family, I must tell you that you are not welcome in this group.
 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by William Mutc » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:44:11



Quote:> exact figure. What is the official government number? Thanks.
> Melvin
> P.S. Are you Muslim? If so, as spokesman for the shortwave listening
> family, I must tell you that you are not welcome in this group.

        says you...creep
 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Tracy For » Tue, 24 Feb 2004 23:36:29




>> Dear members,
>> I have found this wonderful group while searching for incar shortwave
>> radio receivers. I am very happy to find people having same interest
>> of dxing. Thus, I want to introduce my poorself to the group. Please
>> forgive my errors in English.

>> Anyway, I am very happy to find this group and have been a regular
>> visiter since the first day I have found it.
>> Regards, Oan.
>++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>Oan:
> What was the final tally of Armenians you Turks ***ed in the
>holocaust nobody ever hears about? I've heard millions but never an
>exact figure. What is the official government number? Thanks.
>Melvin
>P.S. Are you Muslim? If so, as spokesman for the shortwave listening
>family, I must tell you that you are not welcome in this group.

 welcome to the shithole!

Tracy

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Volker Ton » Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:48:28


> Oan:
>  What was the final tally...

You are a real creep.

And what about "the americans" having ***ed nearly all Indians and
stole their land. And it's not finished yet...
What about "the christians" and their massacres on south american
natives and others around the world 'in the name of christianity'?
And what "christian war" is still going on in Ireland...?
What about "the germans" and the holocaust with the jews?
What about "the jewish" just doing a holocaust with their neighbours around?
What about "the russians" and their "archipel gulag"?
...to be continuesd....
And what about you, russian-jewish emigrant with american passport?
No? You're not a russian-jewish emigrant with american passport? But
your parents were for sure....

I know more muslims are beeing better and truthworthy men than those
calling themselfs "chrstians" but beeing nothing but a bunch of
***s. Maybe you're a spokesman of them but clearly NOT for the
'shortwave listening family'.
I take every man and woman for his/ her own. So it's clear where to put
_you_. Give the world a favour: Get a rope and shoot yourself to death
NOW. There is really no need for people like you in this world.
No, I'm not a muslim and a "christian" neither.
I'm simply a 'believer in god the allmighty'.

Volker

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Stephan Grossklas » Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:54:09

Melvin Creep schrieb:
[snip]

*PLONK*

Ste"Merkbefreiung, anyone?"phan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xCel300A, 512 MiB, 18+80 GB, GF2MX AGP 32 MiB, 110W
      This is a SCSI-inside, Legacy-plus, TCPA-free computer :)
Reply to newsgroup only. | See home page for working e-mail address.

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Volker Ton » Wed, 25 Feb 2004 03:49:30

oan schrieb:

Quote:> Dear members,
> I have found this wonderful group...

Welcome to the crowd.

Volker

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by oa » Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:18:15

Thank you very much for this warm welcome friends.
thank you very much indeed.
I use a sony icf 7600D and a random wire antenna for SW listening.
This random wire is 36 meters long and it sometimes overloads my
portable.
thank you again
and, about this friend's questions:

Quote:>  What was the final tally of Armenians you Turks ***ed in the
> holocaust nobody ever hears about? I've heard millions but never an
> exact figure.

I don't think nobody ever hears about. I was already expecting someone
to ask thiis question as soon as I send this message. Thank you very
much fo not disapointing me my friend :)
Quote:>What is the official government number? Thanks.

Well, there is no official number. Because that first world war led
the ottoman empire to collapse. Hundreds of thousands of people died
from hunger. There were no officials to log some statistical datas.
Every individual was struggling to survive. I heard many stories from
my grand parents and old people telling that they were dancing when
they found a death body of a horse, because it would be only thing to
eat. But I know that the total population of ottoman empire during the
***world war was about 13 millions. Since %10 of them are told to be
Armenian, there should be about 1.3 millions of Armenians. If turks
killed them all, then the official number should be 1.3 millions.
I don't know the exact number of deaths during the war. Either
Armenian or Turkish or Greek or Russian. You say that you hear many
things about armenian holocaust. That's true, some of the history book
I read was telling the truth of armenian holocaust, and some of the
books calling the same events as turkish holocaust. I don't know which
one is the mere truth. But, if you ask my own opinion, I will say that
unfortunately horrible things happened in those times and both sides
killed many innocent people from the opposite side. For instance, My
grandfather's village is in eastern anatolia. He, with other 4
children were the only survivers of a holocaust armenian gangs (or
army, what ever you call it) did to their village's 3000 people. My
father's uncles, who were small kids, were killed too.
And, a very close friend of mine, his mother is armenian, tells me
that half of the population of his grandmother's village, including
innocent civilians died
in those battles.
I believe that history should teach us not hatred but love. we
shouldn't use history to remember the bad things and feed the revenge
feelings. I for instance, have no bad feelings for armenians just
because killers of my father's uncles and grandparents were speaking
armenian language. As I have said, my closest friend is half armenian,
I have many good friends from armenians. But, also, I know many
armenians I don't like at all, as I know many turks who I am reluctent
to exchange greetings, some of whome are not a human but animals.
Likewise: Washington and Lincoln were christians, so was adolf hitler
and mussolini. As everybody knows, There is nothing to do with one's
language or religion to like or dislike him.
Quote:> Melvin
> P.S. Are you Muslim? If so, as spokesman for the shortwave listening
> family, I must tell you that you are not welcome in this group.

I love  jesus and some of his teachings, as I do Buddha's, Zerdhust's
and Ar-rumi's. My family is muslim. I can not describe myself as
muslim, since I do not follow many of the practices of Islam, I do not
share some of the ideas of Islam. I share the similar unorthodox,
mysthic and ecsoteric ideas of Islam, Christianity and Jewism. But, if
you really represent this group and you are the spokesman of the
group, I will leave the group with pleasure. Because I don't like to
bother you and other members. Please execuse me if I accidentally
entered to a race/religion oriented group.
And I apologise from all the members of this group because of this
long off topic conversation I caused.
Regards, Oan
 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Stinge » Wed, 25 Feb 2004 05:59:59

Oan,

You'll find "trolls" like that from time to time in any unmoderated
newsgroup (such as this one).  Their posts are the "dog poop" on the
sidewalk of sanity.

You should feel no responsibility to reply to a post like that -- just
"plonk" them.  If you're using Outlook, just use the "block sender"
selection under the "Message" tab (like the rest of us have with that guy).

Welcome!

-- Stinger


Quote:> Thank you very much for this warm welcome friends.
> thank you very much indeed.
> I use a sony icf 7600D and a random wire antenna for SW listening.
> This random wire is 36 meters long and it sometimes overloads my
> portable.
> thank you again
> and, about this friend's questions:

> >  What was the final tally of Armenians you Turks ***ed in the
> > holocaust nobody ever hears about? I've heard millions but never an
> > exact figure.
> I don't think nobody ever hears about. I was already expecting someone
> to ask thiis question as soon as I send this message. Thank you very
> much fo not disapointing me my friend :)
> >What is the official government number? Thanks.
> Well, there is no official number. Because that first world war led
> the ottoman empire to collapse. Hundreds of thousands of people died
> from hunger. There were no officials to log some statistical datas.
> Every individual was struggling to survive. I heard many stories from
> my grand parents and old people telling that they were dancing when
> they found a death body of a horse, because it would be only thing to
> eat. But I know that the total population of ottoman empire during the
>***world war was about 13 millions. Since %10 of them are told to be
> Armenian, there should be about 1.3 millions of Armenians. If turks
> killed them all, then the official number should be 1.3 millions.
> I don't know the exact number of deaths during the war. Either
> Armenian or Turkish or Greek or Russian. You say that you hear many
> things about armenian holocaust. That's true, some of the history book
> I read was telling the truth of armenian holocaust, and some of the
> books calling the same events as turkish holocaust. I don't know which
> one is the mere truth. But, if you ask my own opinion, I will say that
> unfortunately horrible things happened in those times and both sides
> killed many innocent people from the opposite side. For instance, My
> grandfather's village is in eastern anatolia. He, with other 4
> children were the only survivers of a holocaust armenian gangs (or
> army, what ever you call it) did to their village's 3000 people. My
> father's uncles, who were small kids, were killed too.
> And, a very close friend of mine, his mother is armenian, tells me
> that half of the population of his grandmother's village, including
> innocent civilians died
> in those battles.
> I believe that history should teach us not hatred but love. we
> shouldn't use history to remember the bad things and feed the revenge
> feelings. I for instance, have no bad feelings for armenians just
> because killers of my father's uncles and grandparents were speaking
> armenian language. As I have said, my closest friend is half armenian,
> I have many good friends from armenians. But, also, I know many
> armenians I don't like at all, as I know many turks who I am reluctent
> to exchange greetings, some of whome are not a human but animals.
> Likewise: Washington and Lincoln were christians, so was adolf hitler
> and mussolini. As everybody knows, There is nothing to do with one's
> language or religion to like or dislike him.
> > Melvin
> > P.S. Are you Muslim? If so, as spokesman for the shortwave listening
> > family, I must tell you that you are not welcome in this group.
> I love  jesus and some of his teachings, as I do Buddha's, Zerdhust's
> and Ar-rumi's. My family is muslim. I can not describe myself as
> muslim, since I do not follow many of the practices of Islam, I do not
> share some of the ideas of Islam. I share the similar unorthodox,
> mysthic and ecsoteric ideas of Islam, Christianity and Jewism. But, if
> you really represent this group and you are the spokesman of the
> group, I will leave the group with pleasure. Because I don't like to
> bother you and other members. Please execuse me if I accidentally
> entered to a race/religion oriented group.
> And I apologise from all the members of this group because of this
> long off topic conversation I caused.
> Regards, Oan

 
 
 

Introduction of a new member

Post by Volker Ton » Wed, 25 Feb 2004 06:31:31


> And I apologise from all the members of this group because of this
> long off topic conversation I caused.
> Regards, Oan

Nothing to apologise for.
Your opinions don't seem to be too far away fom mine.
At least there is nothing but ONE _very_ personally GOD.
And nobody does believe in god the same way than _any_ other human.

So lets get back to our "shortwave buisiness".

NRD-525 with serial interface, PCR-1000 without UT-106, Yaesu FT50-R,
Sony ICF-2001D(2010) w. some mods, AE300 100Khz-2.060Ghz.
And my alltime favourite for program listening: LoweOpta LO-50, a very
early stereo AM-FM-SW receiver with tubes and the "magic eye" in a
wooden cabinet.

Datong FL2 analog audio filter in series with Dierking GD 82NF analog
audio filter in series with Kenwood HiFI-amp with integrated equalizer,
feeding AKG K-240Monitor headphones and decent speakers.

Magloop 18-31Mhz w. remote tuning, Discone 25-1300Mhz
FD-antenna 40.5mtr and 13.8mtr, rain gutter areal app. 150 mtr.

...just listening to some conversation on 4020khz USB in netherlands
language...

regards,
Volker