FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Radioma » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:02:35

This is an incredible radio at a great price.  Please see the link below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078714174&categor...

 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:08:25



> This is an incredible radio at a great price.  Please see the link below:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078714174&categor...

Ouch!
 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Rigal » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:22:26

looks like you want to keep that radio "WOW"
 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by N8KD » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:25:11


> looks like you want to keep that radio "WOW"

For a very long time!
 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Peter Mau » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:41:15


> This is an incredible radio at a great price.  Please see the link below:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078714174&categor...

   With all due respect, I  bought my own 7030+ as an open box/demo
piece, fully dressed, from a reputable dealer about two years ago,
for about half this price.

   As good as it is, you may wish to consider that there is a newer
version, 7030++ available at retail for about a hundred dollars less
than this opening bid.

   Even considering the noise blanker/notch, Collins filters,
daughterboard, service kit and Windows controller, I wish you luck
at finding bidders to play at this level.

 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Mark S. Holde » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:04:31



>> This is an incredible radio at a great price.  Please see the link below:

>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078714174&categor...

>   With all due respect, I  bought my own 7030+ as an open box/demo
> piece, fully dressed, from a reputable dealer about two years ago, for
> about half this price.

>   As good as it is, you may wish to consider that there is a newer
> version, 7030++ available at retail for about a hundred dollars less
> than this opening bid.

>   Even considering the noise blanker/notch, Collins filters,
> daughterboard, service kit and Windows controller, I wish you luck at
> finding bidders to play at this level.

7030++ ?  Hadn't heard about that one.  Have a link?
 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Peter Mau » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:42:46




>>> This is an incredible radio at a great price.  Please see the link
>>> below:

>>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3078714174&categor...

>>   With all due respect, I  bought my own 7030+ as an open box/demo
>> piece, fully dressed, from a reputable dealer about two years ago, for
>> about half this price.

>>   As good as it is, you may wish to consider that there is a newer
>> version, 7030++ available at retail for about a hundred dollars less
>> than this opening bid.

>>   Even considering the noise blanker/notch, Collins filters,
>> daughterboard, service kit and Windows controller, I wish you luck at
>> finding bidders to play at this level.

> 7030++ ?  Hadn't heard about that one.  Have a link?

   Caught me by surprise, too.  It was in an article I read sometime
last year.  From the text, it looked like a firmware upgrade. That
may be the firmware you have. I know it post dates mine. There were
also minor circuit variations.  AOR Uk's website has never mentioned
it, but that site hadn't been current for a while last time I looked
at it.

   Unless it was the author's personal shorthand.

   But I've not kept up with all of the SW hobby, lately I've been
more of my free time at the airports.

   That R-10, and R-7000 have become real useful all of a sudden. :}

   None the less, Grove is offering a current 7030 for $300 less
than the starting bid on this auction.  Rarefied air, indeed.

 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Mark S. Holde » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:36:17



>> 7030++ ?  Hadn't heard about that one.  Have a link?

>   Caught me by surprise, too.  It was in an article I read sometime last
> year.  From the text, it looked like a firmware upgrade. That may be the
> firmware you have. I know it post dates mine. There were also minor
> circuit variations.  AOR Uk's website has never mentioned it, but that
> site hadn't been current for a while last time I looked at it.

I guess I should email AOR to ask if there are new updates.  They're
friendly enough.

Quote:>   Unless it was the author's personal shorthand.

>   But I've not kept up with all of the SW hobby, lately I've been more
> of my free time at the airports.

How are you doing with the helicopter rating?
Quote:>   That R-10, and R-7000 have become real useful all of a sudden. :}

>   None the less, Grove is offering a current 7030 for $300 less than the
> starting bid on this auction.  Rarefied air, indeed.

 
 
 

FA: AOR AR7030 Plus AR7030+ Shortwave Radio plus LESS THAN 24 HOURS!

Post by Peter Mau » Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:02:10




>>> 7030++ ?  Hadn't heard about that one.  Have a link?

>>   Caught me by surprise, too.  It was in an article I read sometime
>> last year.  From the text, it looked like a firmware upgrade. That may
>> be the firmware you have. I know it post dates mine. There were also
>> minor circuit variations.  AOR Uk's website has never mentioned it,
>> but that site hadn't been current for a while last time I looked at it.

> I guess I should email AOR to ask if there are new updates.  They're
> friendly enough.

>>   Unless it was the author's personal shorthand.

>>   But I've not kept up with all of the SW hobby, lately I've been more
>> of my free time at the airports.

> How are you doing with the helicopter rating?

   I was doing real well, until a kid up at the mall swinging a
hockey stick hit me in the back. Right about where I broke it in '86.

   Things, for the moment, have been less than fun.